unable to add/manage categories (v8.65)

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

ppz
Novice

unable to add/manage categories (v8.65)

Post by ppz »

I've a strange behavior since this week-end.
I have installed a registered business version on 7 computers.
on all of them, the problem is the same:
I can't create or manage (including colors) the different categories.
I created 17 categories.
I can choose them but I can't remove/change them, add new categories or change color of them

I have on another test computer a trial version with a 2 computers test licence (8.65 installed) and was able to add/manage those categories, including new ones !

but on our main licences / versions the last option in the category menu disapeared (Manage categories), so I'm stuck with the actual categories (I have to change them).

note: the P5M is the latest category displayed, nothing below

*EDIT*: Removed 2 categories on the trial version (same shared network database). on the main computerS, the management option is still invisible and thus I can't manage categories with the business registered 7 computers (even I restard the program itself). W10 computers

*EDIT 2*: I made additional tests. in fact, if I change to sysdba, I'm allowed to change/edit categories. any normal user (even with full rights) is not allowed to do so.

Maybe add the possibility that users (or some => define some sub options) would be able to manage categories ?
Attachments
category missing management.jpg
Max
Site Admin

Re: unable to add/manage categories (v8.65)

Post by Max »

Hi,

I could not reproduce the issue.
Please see attached image of how I set up user (pay attention to "Edit categories" checkbox)
Screenshot 2020-03-16 22.12.08.png
Screenshot 2020-03-16 22.12.08.png (8.7 KiB) Viewed 792 times
And it allows to edit categories:
Screenshot 2020-03-16 22.13.28.png
Maxim,
EPIM Team
ppz
Novice

Post by ppz »

Hi Max,
in my case, I set the option "access to all users' data" and unchecked the Read-Only mode. That means, if I understand well that any valid user can access all data from any (essential PIM) user of our network. But this option, more powerful, doesn't allow to modify categories, contacts fields and icons ?

If I choose your option (or choose to access through sysdba), I can edit categories.

Please clarify.
Michel
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

I see. Indeed, looks like "Access to all users' data" should also allow to edit Categories (or have an option for that). Will see what can be done.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
ppz
Novice

Post by ppz »

exactly !

it's not mandatoy because the sysdba has the ability to do that, but it could be a good option.
thank you