EPIM 9.0 Read-Only switch not always showing toggling back on.

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: Max, TerryRogers

lbw2112
Experienced

EPIM 9.0 Read-Only switch not always showing toggling back on.

Post by lbw2112 »

I have a lot of notes set as Read-Only. If I need to edit one, I right click and select "Read-Only" to toggle it off, edit it and then turn Read-Only back on and that usually works fine.

I noticed though that sometimes it won't toggle Read-Only back on after changing the note.

After trying to reproduce when this happens, it seems like I can edit the note fine and it will turn Read-Only back on like it should.
But if I turn off Read-Only and add or change a Tag, then it doesn't turn Read-Only back on and I have to exit and restart and it will show correct.

I'm using the release version of 9.0 in Dark Mode.

Thanks,
Larry
lbw2112
Experienced

Re: EPIM 9.0 Read-Only switch not always showing toggling back on.

Post by lbw2112 »

EssentialPIM Pro 9.6.1
Hi,

This has started happening again with the newest release.

It's random. Some notes I can turn Read-Only off and on fine, other ones I can't turn on Read-Only. There's nothing special about the ones that work or don't work, they're the same format in title and note content.

Thanks,
Larry
lbw2112
Experienced

Post by lbw2112 »

I've been playing around trying to find what the trigger is that causes this problem. It seems it may be on notes where I enter tags into the note body with the hashtag in front (#Tag1 #Tag2) and EPIM adds those tags to EPIM Tags in the note, which is what I want.

After I tried this out with a few notes I found that before adding the tags this way that I could set it to Read-Only, but after adding the tags and hitting enter to go to a new line is when I couldn't set it to Read-Only.

I don't know if this reproduces the problem every time but in the few new notes I tested it did.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think we were able to reproduce the issue. Will be fixed in the next release, thanks for mentioning additional details about it.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!