Moving Notes within the Notes tree

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

tahoma
Guru

Re: Moving Notes within the Notes tree

Post by tahoma »

This issue is addressed, that I can confirm, but is isn't solved properly. There are instances when I move a Note to another location, and I rename the Note at the new location, and during that edit it "jumps back" to it's original location. These are Notes with Tags.

I had to think of this great and intriguing discussion on how EPIM is an interface for to a database server viewtopic.php?p=116921#p116921 by Triple S. It got me thinking, for Triple S suggests that changes are instantaneously incorporated in the database, but that seems not how EPIM is handling Notes with Tags. If you add, remove or edit Tags, for instance, they are not instantaneously updated in the Tag explorer. Maybe EPIM is storing information twice during these edits? Keeping both the original state and the edited state in memory? I mean: For the issue I am now experiencing at one level EPIM seems to know that I moved the note, and then is goes back to old information the moment that I rename the title? ? ? :(

I am no professional programmer, but I am programmer enough to feel sorry for you guys. Your implementation might also be the root of the problem with the <Give name automatically> doesn't work if the note has tags, reported by Keldi viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35872. It might be the root of many issues I unfortunately reported with tags over some period by now. And your working around the issue hasn't really been successful until now. Issues keep reappearing, and that especially makes me worried about this new thing revision history, that will certainly misbehave on tagged notes, as ordinary edits (like moving and renaming) on tagged notes way to often cause issues...
tahoma
Guru

Post by tahoma »

See:
TQA7z6deu7.gif
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This has already been fixed in the internal builds. Thanks.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
tahoma
Guru

Post by tahoma »

Tested this bug in 9.8 and after a move and a rename of a Note with a tag the Note jumps back to the original location, just as I have recorded it in the previous post. EPIM fails it. You haven't fixed this.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Will check this once again.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
tahoma
Guru

Post by tahoma »

Thank you for that