Opening an unopened and unread email kind of slow

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Telesto
Experienced

Opening an unopened and unread email kind of slow

Post by Telesto »

I still find opening an unread e-mail slowish (and flashing). I have set synchronization to full message, but still not snappy enough compared to the e-mail client competition. And that's kind of core usage I have in mind for EssentialPIM (see other post in suggestions)
Attachments
Record_2021_03_13_08_40_35_926.mp4
(135.51 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Opening an unopened and unread email kind of slow

Post by admin »

On video you're clicking on a message that hasn't been fully downloaded (see its status icon), so I'd say this is normal.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Telesto
Experienced

Post by Telesto »

admin wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:20 pm On video you're clicking on a message that hasn't been fully downloaded (see its status icon), so I'd say this is normal.
Might be, however would like to know how e-mails a processed. So at which state a message being marked "fully downloaded". Are headers fetched first. And second run content? In this case content like second, because I could not setup 'full download in the wizard'. And where does this start (last e-mails first or oldest first). I do have the feeling something being 'off'
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can set up whether to download full messages for certain folders or only their headers by clicking on the Manage Folders button on the toolbar.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
OttoGabriel

Post by OttoGabriel »

Facing similar issues too. Could slow internet be one of the courses?
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

As discussed earlier and being on the list meanwhile, this seems to have to do with human impatience (in my eyes) as well.
When things take their time and user doesnot know this, and especially why it needs time, this is unsaticfactory.
In THIS case mails sync in background. In case of problem the sync status windows opens and one can follow the steps. Quite longly sometimes, but one knows whats going on. In case of no problem, one doesn't know (or doesn't see because of very small status message).
Everybody knows, that waiting for something, makes the time seem twice as long. Having a message, why, shortens it. A very human behaviour.
Nevertheless there might be something which lengthens the procedure unnecessarily (which I don't know).
What I want to say, is, always to have human properties in mind, which have to be overcome. Nevertheless some means help sometimes (at least with twinkling eyes)
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.