System Responsiveness while fetching e-mails from server

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Telesto
Experienced

System Responsiveness while fetching e-mails from server

Post by Telesto »

Not hug user of CPU priority throttling tools. Hover stumbled on Process Lasso I think it was mentioned somewhere on the forum here (and its still running). Anyhow I do notice an overall system responsiveness drop with EssentialPIM active (especially when downloading 25.000 emails; e-mailed Anton also about that)

Process Lasso applied quite a number of restrain actions (lowering process priority). So I'm assuming e-mail processing is done at normal priority in general. Any change to lower the processing priority for e-mail fetching/parsing within the program itself? People do other things while EssentialPIM downloading 25000 e-mails (yes, i'm abuse; but also really good performance benchmark). I think this would be appreciated.

Also multi-threading would be nice in this specific case (so utilizing more CPU cores); but well doubt cost/benefit worth it. Or are there tools today to make it happen with ease. Multi-threading was always required always lots of optimizations and different design choices. I also thin FireBird being slow compared to SQlite, but maybe it's more about optimizations of FireBird usage and not about SQLite simply being faster (didn't do an in-depth research). I do not that most tools with similar databases do use SQLite, and I assume this being the case with a reason.
admin
Site Admin

Re: System Responsiveness while fetching e-mails from server

Post by admin »

We'd need to see the log file first in order to check out what's causing such a behavior.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!