Undo (Ctrl+Z) issues

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Keldi
Guru

Undo (Ctrl+Z) issues

Post by Keldi »

EPIM Pro Portable 9.7.5, Windows 10 Pro (20H2 19042.868)

Issue #1
I can't reproduce it consistently, but twice already I ran into Undo undoing far more than I expected.

1. Create/edit appointments/tasks/notes/contacts.
2. ???
3. On Today screen move a task with 'Show in Calender' to another time (the right mouse click, Edit, choose a time later on the same day or the next day, OK).
4. Check-mark this task as completed.
5. Hit Ctrl+Z twice (or was it more times?).

The first undo removes the completion from the task as expected.
But then Ctrl+Z instead of just moving the task to the previous time undoes a lot of things: text in appointments/notes/contacts returns to how it was several hours ago and some items (created after that 'return point'?) disappear completely.
Menu Edit -> Redo is greyed out after that.
Only an auto-backup helped me to get back most of the things, but still had to re-create a lot anew.

There must be some step 2 after which it can be reproduced, but I couldn't figure it out.
I was able to reproduce this once in a new database+clean installation of EPIM Pro Portable, so I know it's not just my database issue.
I tried several time, but no luck to get the issue again to record a video of it.

I hope somebody else will be able to find out what's up with Undo. I'm moving on and just blocking the Ctrl+Z shortcut with ahk script when EPIM window is active.

Issue #2

Steps:
1. Create a Task with 'Repeat Every' unchecked, OK to save.
2. The Right mouse click, Edit, Move the task to another day, OK to save.
3. Check as completed.
4. Undo twice.

Result:
The task is now 'Repeat every day'
An animated GIF in the attachments.
Attachments
epim_Task&2Undo.gif
admin
Site Admin

Re: Undo (Ctrl+Z) issues

Post by admin »

1. We were able to partly reproduce this issue, will attempt to fix in the next update.
2. Reproduced and will be fixed.
Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!