Deleting hidden private notes

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

tahoma
Guru

Deleting hidden private notes

Post by tahoma »

Hi,

I just notices that if 'Show Private Items' is set to not showing, and the user deletes a Note in the Notes Module, that contains hidden private items, then the hidden private items are deleted with only the default warning 'Are you sure you want to...", but no specific mention about the hidden private items that will be deleted as well. Is that by design? Just asking, also because there was this new discussion on hiding/unhiding items in EPIM. It seems to me the current warning carries a risk of users deleting private items without their intention...

qKfI7dlbVP.gif

Tam
Triple S
Expert

Re: Deleting hidden private notes

Post by Triple S »

IMO the current system is all about making "private" notes stealthy / as least noticeable as possible you don't want any warnings about them because it gives away their position to someone who may otherwise not even know they exist.
tahoma
Guru

Post by tahoma »

Current system allows you maybe to keep private notes stealth (except of course for the little mark at the menu command), but I don't think it is stealth by default :D

Képernyőkép 2021-03-23 161907.png
tahoma
Guru

Post by tahoma »

I notice another issue with Private Items in the Notes module, when opening a EPIM database where Private Items are not hidden, the tick marker for 'Show Private Items' is not missing
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

tahoma wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:28 pmI just notices that if 'Show Private Items' is set to not showing, and the user deletes a Note in the Notes Module, that contains hidden private items, then the hidden private items are deleted with only the default warning 'Are you sure you want to...", but no specific mention about the hidden private items that will be deleted as well. Is that by design?
We can add a note into the default message saying something about inclusion of the private items if they're not visible to make it more obvious for the users.
I notice another issue with Private Items in the Notes module, when opening a EPIM database where Private Items are not hidden, the tick marker for 'Show Private Items' is not missing
You mean IS missing? If so, this will be fixed.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
tahoma
Guru

Post by tahoma »

We can add a note into the default message saying something about inclusion of the private items if they're not visible to make it more obvious for the users.
I would support that, it might prevent accidents :-)
You mean IS missing? If so, this will be fixed.
Yes, is missing.

Thanks