Migration of inbox to different e-mailhosting provider

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Telesto
Experienced

Migration of inbox to different e-mailhosting provider

Post by Telesto »

Not a issue at present. But do ask myself how do I move my local messages again to the 'cloud'. So to server of different hosting company. If have had to experience already where my current hosting provider was out of service. A somewhat successful hack of the infrastructure and one where the closed of my account by accident. But also seeing the risk say of going bust. And kind of attached to mails in my imap account.

And 'restoring received e-mails ' to different account was not that easy as I imagined. Or at least I struggled with it (or took the wrong approach). So some suggestions are welcome.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Migration of inbox to different e-mailhosting provider

Post by admin »

You can add the new mail account into EPIM, select messages you wish to copy from the old account, then right click->Copy to Folder and choose a folder from the newly added account.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Telesto
Experienced

Re: Migration of inbox to different e-mailhosting provider

Post by Telesto »

admin wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:50 am You can add the new mail account into EPIM, select messages you wish to copy from the old account, then right click->Copy to Folder and choose a folder from the newly added account.
I truly never consider copy/pasting being possible with e-mailclients. Only thought about this in send/receive. It's so simple in hindsight! Eye-opener!