notes in aphabetical order!!

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

a8907433
Guru

notes in aphabetical order!!

Post by a8907433 »

I have my notes for many years now. Today in the morning, I just tried the new letter bar in passwords- I had to change sorting from "username" to "title". Now I just discovered.... All my notes are in alphabetical order!! I had no alphabetical order, the were in a natural, topic-dependent order. How I can I change this back, without too much experimenting with my database?
a8907433
Guru

Re: notes in aphabetical order!!

Post by a8907433 »

ok, problem solved.
But it seems to be a bug, that the order changed! I did nothing to change the order in notes.
and: "arrange by "modified"", seems to be a random sorting, for the amusement for the user! :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Arrange by modified is working as it should on our side. Will you be able to somehow reproduce its randomness?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
a8907433
Guru

Post by a8907433 »

Arange by: "Name" (alphabetical), "Created" (by date) is clear. "Custom Order" seems to be that one, I have the last many years. I only very seldom change order, and this one seems to be correct.
But- what is "modified"? I do have my notes NOT in aphabetical order and NOT by date, and this is correctly displayed by "Custom Order". "Modified" seems not to be random, but another kind of "Custom Order"- what´s the difference?
And- How did the order get changed? I don´t remember doing something to change that!
tahoma
Guru

Post by tahoma »

It seems to be a bug. I had the same experience yesterday. My Notes, ordered in Custom order for years, appeared ordered by name out of the blue. That happened in the new 9.8 version. Luckily changing it back to Custom order solves it. Such things shouldn't happen of course, but alas...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

a8907433, "Created" is the date of creation of a note, while "Modified" is the date a note was last modified.

With regards to the notes order - will double check this issue, thanks for bringing it up.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!