How to Reverse a Sync. Help!

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Twirly3447
Novice

How to Reverse a Sync. Help!

Post by Twirly3447 »

I was performing a sync between my desktop (windows) and my Android. a window appeared ...it asked me which NOTES desktop or android. I had entered data in both. I misunderstood the arrows and did an override the wrong way. now i have information missing in NOTES. please someone tell me how to "reverse" this sync.

I have already looked at yesterdays backup and of course i entered this data after .... please help. I have the latest update

Can anyone help me! I have until April 26th 7:00 a.m. est to fix this! Please anyone!
poet-man
Guru

Re: How to Reverse a Sync. Help!

Post by poet-man »

Well, sorry to say, but in my opinion one should always make a backup before sync, as this may change lots of data. At least I don't know anything about a procedure, doing this automatically.
On the other hand could this be subject to a future option "autom. backup before sync"?
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
Twirly3447
Novice

Post by Twirly3447 »

Thank you for good advice and feedback. Hopefully an admin will reach out soon with a solution.
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

I keep fingers crossed for you, that there is a possibility in depth of program.
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I believe you've already been assisted by email, although in any case - please check if you have the previous version of the overwritten note in Trash
in WinEPIM.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!