Work and Private EPIM data seperate or merged - how?

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

kdgdr
Guru

Work and Private EPIM data seperate or merged - how?

Post by kdgdr »

Hello,

I currently keep work and private EPIM completely seperated as follows:

- For Private use, I have a portable Win EPIM Pro + database. This is being synced with Android EPIM on my private mobile phone.
- For Work use, I seperately have a portable Win EPIM Pro + database. This is being synced with Android EPIM on my work mobile phone.

I am considering some options to merge these Private and Work versions to some degree. So far I am thinking of these alternatives:
- Merging Win EPIM databases for Work and Private use into one database. I guess my only option would then be to sync this one database to one mobile phone as well - meaning both Work and Private data would be completely merged in both Win EPIM and Android EPIM on one of my mobile phones? Are there any variations possible on the Android-side in this alternative?
- Keep Win EPIM Pro for Work and Private use seperated as is, but sync all of this information to 2 seperate Android "databases" on one of my mobile phones. Is it possible in Android EPIM to have 2 separate instances on 1 mobile phone?
- What are the dangers that come to mind when switching from my current setup to one of the above alternative setups?

General questions:
- Am I missing any other alternatives?
- How are you keeping Work and Private EPIM data seperated/merged on both Win EPIM and Android EPIM while syncing between Win EPIM and Android EPIM? In your experience, what are the (dis)advvantages of that workflow in you experience?

Any thoughts/advice welcome!

Thanks in advance & kind regards.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Work and Private EPIM data seperate or merged - how?

Post by admin »

You described everything correctly, I don't think there's any other alternative solutions at the moment.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!