Distraction Free Writing - Fullscreen

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Ipim19
Expert

Distraction Free Writing - Fullscreen

Post by Ipim19 »

I started using the Epim Notes Module for creative writing because of it's great feature set.

Obviously it was not exactly designed for this... but except for a few missing features it is better than many Programs that were made specifically for this kind of work.

I was looking for a fullscreen distraction free setting, but did not find it. Is this feature available? If not, would it be possible to implement it in the future?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Distraction Free Writing - Fullscreen

Post by admin »

Please elaborate a bit more as to how you'd expect the feature to look like and function. Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
DG
Beta Team

Post by DG »

Ipim19,

If you haven't seen it yet, this post may give you some ideas for using EPIM for distraction free writing. https://www.essentialpim.com/blog-and- ... ee-writing
Ipim19
Expert

Post by Ipim19 »

admin wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:54 am Please elaborate a bit more as to how you'd expect the feature to look like and function. Thanks!
By distraction free writing I mean basically a completely blank Screen with absolutely no tools/toolbars/menu/taskbar visible and a black background.
This should be a toggle option for notes and it should be possible to specify margins for this fullscreen writing mode.
I would need this for better focus when writing long texts. I tested it in other programs and it works for me.
I think it's easier to see it in action. If you want, check for example https://gottcode.org/focuswriter/ there is a free portable version.
After starting it, go to settings > themes and choose "oldscool. Toggle Fullscreen on/off with F11.
This is a very basic program. There are other more advanced programs for creative writing out there. "Scrivener" for example - which has a outlinig like Epim.

@DG - thank you for the link. I read the article.