Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

a8907433
Guru

All Inboxes

Post by a8907433 »

EPIM 9.9
Some Remarks to "All Inboxes":

I use POP3 and I have a rule to move emails from my second account to my first. So, I do not really need All Inboxes. But I tried, just to test it....

1) Check "All Inboxes" in "View". This works- but only one way! When trying to switch all inboxes off- go to View, All inboxes.... there is NO chekmark, so you can´t uncheck it, because it isn´t checked. So you can´t turn it off. I did, what I allways do, when some settings not work: go to the EPIM.ini file, go to ShowAllInboxes=1 set it to ShowAllInboxes=0- this worked. After next start All inboxes were gone.

BUT > 2) Now all my sorting of folders and emails were gone!!! All is sorted alphabetically, no way to go back to my custom sorting of folders!
So.... close database, delete database and open the original one. Now all is as it should be.

I note, (not for the first time- I remember all my sorting of notes was gone.....) EPIM has troubles to go back to custom sortings, regardless which module.
admin
Site Admin

Re: All Inboxes

Post by admin »

We're unable to reproduce the first issue mentioned. Please check if it's going to work as expected with the new database.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
a8907433
Guru

Post by a8907433 »

Ok, you´re right, sorry. Now it works as it should. But I don´t know why- I did not use a NEW database, just a copy of the old one! So, strange, but no problem anymore.

But, for 2): Now In think I know, why that occured: I tried to remove this "all inboxes" (without succes) and I klicked also in "View" "sort Folders by Name"..... and then all my sorting was gone. I think, EPIM should save the UNSORTED CUSTOM ORDEDR, so that you can revert from "sort Folders by Name" to custom order! With one click in "sort Folders by Name" you can remove all your sorting- and there is no way back!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the update and for the suggestion. Reverting to the custom sorting order works in tasks and notes, will probably implement it for mail folders, as well if there's enough demand for the feature.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!