Error downloading & installing EPIM Pro version 9.9

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

PIMMSUK
Novice

Error downloading & installing EPIM Pro version 9.9

Post by PIMMSUK »

I received a notification today to update EPIM Pro from version 9.8 to 9.9. However, every time I try I get an error message and the update fails. See attached/below.

Capture.JPG

What can I do to fix this?
Tester
Expert

Re: Error downloading & installing EPIM Pro version 9.9

Post by Tester »

I remember to have seen this message in the past sometimes too.

But for me it never affected the installation of an EPIM version. The message simply informs you that some shortcuts used by EPIM are already used on your computer by some other program (so that they could not be registered by EPIM). As anyway I prefer to use (e.g.) EPIM without shortcuts, this fact is not of importance (for me). So I always simply checked the box "Don't show this message again" clicked on "OK" and could continue without issues.

Did you try it in the same way and the update (nevertheless) failed?

(If the use of shortcuts is of importance for you, don't forget to note the shortcuts mentioned in the window before you check the box "Don't show this message again". 8) As written in the message, you can change the key sequence later on via Tools -> Options -> Shortcuts.)
a8907433
Guru

Re: Error downloading & installing EPIM Pro version 9.9

Post by a8907433 »

I think this message ONLY says, that the shortcuts are used by- another instance of EPIM! Lokk in task manager, if EPIM already runs.
Try closing all running EPIMs, download EPIM direct from here https://www.essentialpim.com/get-epim and install it- that should work!