Sticky Notes Stop rolling up and down

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Frizzell9
Expert

Sticky Notes Stop rolling up and down

Post by Frizzell9 »

I've had this issue for quite some time (since shortly after sticky notes were implemented) but never considered bringing it up here. It happened again today with the latest 'Windows 10' version update v9.9.7, so here is the problem.
Every once in a while, like maybe six or seven weeks, my Sticky Note stops rolling up and down, and nothing I've tried helps. I've tried closing the note and reopening it, tried exiting and relaunching, no dice. So what happens is I copy and paste the contents of the sticky note to a new note and make it sticky... then it works again... Well, for another few weeks or so, 'til I have to repeat the process.
I guess I've learned to live with it that way since it only takes a minute to remake the note, but then again, I know the EPIM team likes to know about every little bug, so there it is. I'm interested in knowing if I'm the only one on the planet with this strange sticky situation. :?

Frizzell9
Image EPIM Pro User Since 2006

"Why a four year old child could understand this.
Run out and get me a four year old child,
I can't make head or tail out of it."
MetalDrop
Guru

Re: Sticky Notes Stop rolling up and down

Post by MetalDrop »

I've had this happen to me too, and it's not that they stop rolling up and down, it's that they get their rolled out size messed up by something.

So if you unroll it, it's the same size as if it's rolled up. So what you have to do is move your mouse to the bottom edge and then resize the bottom back out.

Which I don't think it's EPIM fault, I mostly blame full screen games since they have a bad habit of sometimes crushing open windows down to whatever their smallest size is, and in EPIM stickynotes case the smallest size, is also it's roll up size.

Attached is a video were I resize a sticky to it's smallest size and show that it appears not to work anymore, than I resize it back out.
Attachments
Roll up roll down resize.mp4
(538.97 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
EPIM Portable Pro Running/Tested On: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit US-ENG|i5-6400+Quadro P620|i7-7700K+1050ti|i7-8700K+970GTX|AMD 5600x+1080ti|16GB+RAM&NVMe SSDs
[I'm helpful and often reply to questions, however I am just a fellow user and not staff.]
Frizzell9
Expert

Post by Frizzell9 »

MetalDrop wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:40 amI've had this happen to me too, and it's not that they stop rolling up and down, it's that they get their rolled out size messed up by something.

So if you unroll it, it's the same size as if it's rolled up. So what you have to do is move your mouse to the bottom edge and then resize the bottom back out.
I watched your clip, and I will try that next time. Still, it's a situation that should be studied, if for no other reason than to discover what the 'Something' is that messes it up... :wink:
Image EPIM Pro User Since 2006

"Why a four year old child could understand this.
Run out and get me a four year old child,
I can't make head or tail out of it."
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the info and for the video, will check this situation out.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!