Relate Email - Help Request

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

OMNI
Novice

Relate Email - Help Request

Post by OMNI »

I use Tasks for "Projects" and relate items to the appropriate "Project" - relating email seems to be too time consuming - Is there another method?
Here's what I do:
- Check inbox - several emails that are in reference to different "Projects".
- Open "Project" and click on Related items tab - Select Add New - select mail module to filter out other items - select desired message to hyperlink - click OK - Click OK on "Project" - select mail module - drag and drop linked email to Archive Folder (created to keep inbox uncluttered) - repeat process for remaining emails that need to be linked.

AND

This is only half the battle - what about sent mail that pertains to a "Project"

Hopefully I am missing a procedure or feature that will streamline this process? Looking for suggestions.............
OMNI
admin
Site Admin

Re: Relate Email - Help Request

Post by admin »

I'd use tags - would be faster and you can create message rules for emails to automatically assign specific tags to the messages that fit the set criteria.

As for the related items - do you see any ways your workflow could be improved by changing something in the app?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Haldex
Guru

Post by Haldex »

What if you used tags? Tags work for both outgoing and incoming emails. Wouldn't that simplify the whole selection process?
Win 11 Prof 64 Bit, 16 GB, 11th Gen Intel i7-11390H 3.4 GHz
OMNI
Novice

Post by OMNI »

I will give the tags a try - all projects are numbered - so it should work
OMNI