Calendar Duplicates

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Richard.Murphy

Calendar Duplicates

Post by Richard.Murphy »

EssentialPIM Pro 9.10.1
Synchronization: 2-way with Google (Calendar, Tasks, Notes, etc.) including deletions

Issue: Calendar 2-way syncing generates duplicates on both sides

I'm at my wits end at trying to troubleshoot and resolve on my own. 1-way sync, Google to EPIM works like a charm. As soon as I perform a 2-way sync most, not all, get duplicated.

Entries that are duplicated are generally duplicated either once (total of two) or five times (total of six). The other issue I am seeing with the duplicates are that the original and correct entry (originated on Google Calendar) populates correctly in EPIM (notification and repeat cycle) whereas the repeated event only replicates the notification, not repeating.

Every time I turn on 2-way sync it trashes my Google calendar with duplications that extend into the undetermined future. To make matters worse, I can diligently and tediously clean the duplicates off for a period of time, say the upcoming 12 months, and everything is good until I install EPIM on a second device then I recreate the problem on Google, the original device, and now a new device.

Am I missing a step or not understanding something?
poet-man
Guru

Re: Calendar Duplicates

Post by poet-man »

To be honest, and that's no solution, I stopped using google years ago, because over and over again and out of the blue, such side effects appeared. I had the impression, one never could be sure, what google did on their side. Some day I decided to cut off those "effects".
Use EPIM only now.
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.
Richard.Murphy

Post by Richard.Murphy »

I'm afraid I have too much investment in the Google ecosystem to turn off the switch, easily anyway. Besides, it kinda neuters the functionality if it has to be turned off. I guess my gripe is that I really don't think this is a Google problem but an EPIM problem. I've synced other utilities to the calendar before and none creates this sort of issue. Would be nice to get some developer feedback on this.

Anyway, thanks for chiming in.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please do the following:
1. Create a new EPIM database file
2. Synchronize your Google calendar with it
3. Check if there's duplicates in EPIM. If so, please forward us the log sync log file, that can be found here: Tools->Options->Synchronization, Browse... and the filename should start with "GoogleSync".
Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
poet-man
Guru

Post by poet-man »

In those times, I used AEPIM only. And without any update, I suddenly had problems when syncing. Not only once. I guessed, that this was some sort of catching up changes on Google side by third party app manufacturers and finally stopped this, as I was not forced to use Google.
From then I concentrated on EPIM cosmos and most times this ran smooth and fluently.
Of course having to use Google, this is different.
Everything I mention comes out of my experience. I'm not an expert. Feel free to try anything I suggest ... but always at your own risk.