Message rules stopped working after updating to 9.10.7

Support related problems and questions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

EoinDubh
Guru

Message rules stopped working after updating to 9.10.7

Post by EoinDubh »

When I installed version 9.10.6 I started having some issues with message rules not working. Some worked and some did not. I got them working again but since I installed version 9.10.7 all rules stopped working at all. I get a LOT of spam and have 40 rules in place in EPIM. I have another 100 rules in my ISPs email server and those never get to my computer at all.

Today all emails have gone to my inbox and none have gone to the spam or deleted folders. Any ideas on what is happening?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Message rules stopped working after updating to 9.10.7

Post by admin »

No idea at least until we get deeper into this and see the rules and couple of sample email messages, for example.
Rules work fine on our side.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
EoinDubh
Guru

Post by EoinDubh »

They have mostly started working again. The has occurred each time that I added an upgrade. The rules are basically: If sender is (email address), delete the message. As of this morning there were only 3 that got through. Is there a limit to the number of rules or is it just going the make retrieving email a bit slower?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There's no limit and rules work much faster than EPIM is able to get new messages from the mail server. So normally you shouldn't be experiencing any delays.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!