EPIM Cloud login stopped working

Please post your suggestions, bug reports, ideas regarding synchronization here
EoinDubh
Guru

EPIM Cloud login stopped working

Post by EoinDubh »

I want to setup synchronization between my PC EPIM calendar and my Gmail web calendar. I setup a sync connection from the File>Add Synchronization menu link and when I click on the Google link under File>synchronization a window pops up with 2 entries. The first is the Google entry and the sync runs to completion The second enter is EPIM Cloud and it fails with a bad username of password message. I purchased a 1 year license for the EPIM Cloud service and when I created the account I entered the username and password in my standalone password database. However I cannot log into the PIM Cloud website nor will the EPIM Cloud sync run. I tried to change my password but get a link but I get a message "Couldn't send reset email. Please make sure tour username is correct."
Untitled.png
Max
Site Admin

Re: EPIM Cloud login stopped working

Post by Max »

Hello,

your screenshots lists errors for 2 IMAP accounts, not EPIM Cloud accounts.
If you need a reset of EPIM Cloud account, please send me EPIM Cloud username via Private message on the forum.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
EoinDubh
Guru

Post by EoinDubh »

I am trying to sync my Google Calendar with EPIM as I have not found an EPIM app that works on my Amazon FIRE phone. I deleted the synchronnizations and recreated one for Google. If I go to File>Synchronization and click on the Google entry a 2 way sync works OK. I guess I just do not know how the EPIM sync works. I set it up with my Google login and password and created a sync setting. I can log in using the credentials that I created when initially creating it. There is a Google sync setup using my Google credentials but I get a Bad username or password if I try to sync from File>EPIM Cloud>Synchronize.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

If you want to synchronize using Google, and have setup Google sync, please use File-> Synchronization-> Google.. menu to start the synchronization.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
EoinDubh
Guru

Post by EoinDubh »

I have deleted all synchronization settings but still get the Google IMAP failure whenever I do a Send and Receive. There is nothing setup in either the EPIM Cloud section or the Synchronize section but I still get that error.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello,

Google Calendar and Google IMAP (gmail) have nothing to do in common.
You should setup File-> Synchronization-> Add Synchronization-> Google and delete the IMAP accounts you have set up.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
EoinDubh
Guru

Post by EoinDubh »

I currently have no sync accounts setup. However, the Google one still shows above me email account. When I right click on it and look at the account settings they are all empty. When I look at the Synchronization menu item there is nothing configured.
EoinDubh
Guru

Post by EoinDubh »

I removed the Google sync and recreated it again. IMAP shows as the default and is not changeable. When I try to sync I get the same thing as in the picture above. When I go to Gmail I have a message that says:
Hi Micheal,
Someone just tried to sign in to your Google Account eoindibh@gmail.com from an app that doesn't meet modern security standards.
Details:
Thursday, December 3, 2015 6:06 AM (Pacific Standard Time)
Oakland, CA, USA*
We strongly recommend that you use a secure app, like Gmail, to access your account. All apps made by Google meet these security standards. Using a less secure app, on the other hand, could leave your account vulnerable. Learn more.
felixs
Novice

Post by felixs »

In the previous version, I was able to synchronize my main google calendar. It never worked for shared google calendars. I installed the new version, hoping that this was finally solve. Now I can no longer synchronize anything. I again get the "HTTP1.1/400 Bad Request" error a few seconds after all seems to be fine. No matter whether I do one way or 2 way synch, with only calendar. And yes, I deleted the synchronization, and made a new one using either the wizzard or just the manual synch. This is a regress to early 6.5 versions.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

felixs wrote:In the previous version, I was able to synchronize my main google calendar. It never worked for shared google calendars. I installed the new version, hoping that this was finally solve. Now I can no longer synchronize anything. I again get the "HTTP1.1/400 Bad Request" error a few seconds after all seems to be fine. No matter whether I do one way or 2 way synch, with only calendar. And yes, I deleted the synchronization, and made a new one using either the wizzard or just the manual synch. This is a regress to early 6.5 versions.
Please enable the extended logging feature (in Tools->Options->Synchronization), start Google synchronization.
Logs are in C:\Users\ Your_Windows_Username \AppData\Roaming\EssentialPIM Pro\Logs for Desktop version and in "Logs" subfolder in case of Portable version.
Please send it to ma@essentialpim... with a link to this topic. Thanks!
Maxim,
EPIM Team