different color for diffrent calendars

Please post your suggestions, bug reports, ideas regarding synchronization here
fagus

different color for diffrent calendars

Post by fagus »

Hello,
I plan to use your pc calendar module in the pro version.
Actually, i'm using thunderbird and some other application on my android phone to do so.
I have my own calendar, and also shared calendars with other people using caldav.
I want all of this calendars to be displayed at the same time using a fixed color for each of them to differentiate them (like in thunderbird or simple calendar).

It's seem's that there is only an option the use colors for categories. I don't use categories, and the other people i'm working with neither and it's not reasonable to manually change each calendar in one category just to change the color...

Do you plan to and an option to use colors not for categories but for different calendars sources ? (I saw another similar user request in this forum...)
Max
Site Admin

Re: different color for diffrent calendars

Post by Max »

Hello,

thank you, your suggestion is noted. However, we use colors for marking categories and using colors for marking different calendars might be confusing, thus not easily achievable.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
fagus

Post by fagus »

Thank you for your answer. Maybe one (hackish) way is to locally force one remote caldav calendar into a chosen category.
pjdevries
Novice

Post by pjdevries »

I don't think the suggestion by fagus is hackish at all. Associating a CalDAV account with a Category is actually a simple but efficient idea and probably not that hard to implement. I second that feature request.