CalDAV & subtasks

Please post your suggestions, bug reports, ideas regarding synchronization here
jani

CalDAV & subtasks

Post by jani »

I just installed EssentialPIM Pro trial. While the application looks okay, I cannot seem to get subtasks to work with my CalDAV server.

I use EteBase & etesync-dav to host my own calendar and tasks. Dumping the tasks in .ics from the server, I see that subtasks created by EssentialPIM lack the parent identifier:

Code: Select all

RELATED-TO;RELTYPE=PARENT:12345
Checking the subtasks created by for example tasks.org Android client seem to have this field. When EssentialPIM reads these subtasks from etesync-dav, they are converted into root/parent tasks.

I wonder if this is a limitation in EssentialPIM or a bug in either EssentialPIM or EteBase?

Thanks for the response!
admin
Site Admin

Re: CalDAV & subtasks

Post by admin »

Will check this regarding the ics files, although you can synchronize EPIM with your caldav server and in this case tasks hierarchy should be preserved.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
jani

Post by jani »

admin wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:36 pm although you can synchronize EPIM with your caldav server and in this case tasks hierarchy should be preserved.
That's exactly what I'm doing, and my tasks hierarchy is lost when viewing the tasks with eg. tasks.org. The .ics was just a way to provide more info on this for you.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Okay, if that's your server, please forward us a test account on it (you can send me a PM here in the forum with credentials). It should be easier for us to test the implemented feature then. Thanks!
jani

Post by jani »

Sorry, it's not published to the Internet, but you should be able to create a similar account here: https://dashboard.etebase.com/accounts/signup/
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

All right, will check, thanks.