Little things in Tasks

Discussioni su EssentialPIM in italiano
ninoEPIM
Expert

Little things in Tasks

Post by ninoEPIM »

Hello, I want to know a thing or two about the Tasks section:
1) The navigation panel slicing cleanly through the headers command. There exists a way of broadening the panel, seen that by entrainment nothing happens.
2) Why is there a command to fast "Add root" (Ctrl + R) and "Add as child" (Ins) and there is not one for "Add at the same level"?
I'm using EpimProPortable 6.5 RC2

thanks
Attachments
1.PNG
1.PNG (6.62 KiB) Viewed 4639 times
Max
Site Admin

Re: Little things in Tasks

Post by Max »

Hello,

we can't make this panel larger, do you have suggestions how it can be worded to make it shorter?
Yes, shortcut is missing, thank you.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
ninoEPIM
Expert

Post by ninoEPIM »

Ciao Max,
francamente non saprei. Posso azzardare delle ipotesi:
1) Si potrebbe eliminare "Aggiungi" dal momento che il segno + è abbastanza eloquente. Oppure ...
2) Si potrebbero eliminare "livello" e "come" e lasciare per esempio "Aggiungi radice", "Aggiungi figlio" e "Aggiungi pari"

Però, permettimi una curiosità: esistono problemi tecnici insormontabili a ampliare il pannello di navigazione?

Ciao, stammi bene.

(translate)
Hello Max,
frankly I do not know. I can hazard a hypothesis:
1) You could remove "Add" since it the sign + is quite eloquent. Or ...
2) you could eliminate "level" and "like" and leave such "Add root", "Add Child" and "Add equal"

However, allow me a curiosity: there are insurmountable technical problems to expand the navigation pane?

Hello, take care.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Thank you. We can't indefinitely enlarge the navigation pane. It also does not make sense just for one language.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
ninoEPIM
Expert

Post by ninoEPIM »

Non proprio convincente come risposta, Max ... Anche chi utilizza Epim in lingua italiana avrebbe diritto ad un prodotto completamente funzionale, non credi? Tanto più che si tratterebbe di rendere estensibile il pannello di navigazione, come già succede per la schermata Compiti quando ci si trova in Calendario o in Epim oggi.
Ad ogni modo, si tratta di questioni di contorno: non è fondamentale.

Your answer I was not very convinced, Max ... Even those who use EPIM in Italian is entitled to a fully-functional product, do not you think? Especially as it would make the extensible navigation panel, as is the case for the Tasks screen, when viewed in Calendar or in EPim today.
Either way, it comes to things of outline: it is not critical.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

You are absolutely right- EPIM should work fine in any language. However, what we found from experience- in 90% of cases it is always possible to word something differently in one language, so that we could save precious screen space for everyone who uses EPIM.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
ninoEPIM
Expert

Post by ninoEPIM »

Ritorno sull'argomento precisando alcune "lacune" di Epim che mi piacerebbe venissero risolte nelle successive versioni.
In questo periodo, lavorando meno con Note, mi sono deciso a considerare più attentamente Compiti. Ho riscontrato in effetti alcune significative limitazioni (talune già segnalate nel forum). Tra le più urgenti, a mio avviso, vi sarebbe la questione legata ai comandi da tastiera; provo ad elencare:
- manca il comando da tastiera per "aggiungi pari livello" (già segnalato)
- mancano i comandi da tastiera per "aumenta / diminuisci rientro"
- mancano i comandi da tastiera per " sposta su/giù"

Ribadisco ( so di averlo fatto altre volte) come sia importante poter stilare velocemente le liste nel brainstorming (si potrebbe mettere, come opzione, la procedura lenta, quella attuale, che prevede la compilazione dei campi): ogni provvedimento a riguardo non potrà che migliorare Compiti ed Epim; ed è una cosa che mi auguro vivamente che accada, dato che utilizzo con profitto e vero piacere Epim! Ho fiducia.

- - -
Back on the subject stating some "shortcomings" that I'd like to EPim were resolved in subsequent versions.
During this time, working less with notes, I decided to take a closer look Tasks. I actually found some significant limitations (some already mentioned in the forum). Among the most urgent, in my opinion, there would be the question related to keyboard commands; I try to list:
- Missing the key command for "add sibling" (already reported)
- Lack of keyboard commands for "up / down back"
- Lack of keyboard commands to "move up / down"

I repeat (I know I have done it before) how important it is to quickly draw up lists in brainstorming (you could put, as an option, the slow procedure, the current one, which provides for the compilation of the fields): any measure in this regard will only improve tasks and EPim; and it is something that I very much hope it happens,since I use really a profit and pleasure Epim! I am confident.
ninoEPIM
Expert

Post by ninoEPIM »

Ulteriore suggerimento finalizzato a rendere Compiti uno strumento di pianificazione più completo: propongo, nella visualizzazione Calendario, si attivare dei tooltip quando l'utente porta la freccia del puntatore su un compito. In parte ciò accade già ma si dovrebbero integrare maggiori informazioni per identificare univocamente il compito all'interno di una lunga e articolata lista di compiti. Sarebbe insomma utile poter risalire all'istante al progetto di appartenenza, per esempio, e al livello in cui quel particolare compito è inserito nella lista.
In parte, la richiesta è simili a quella che feci tempo fa per Note.
ciao

Additional suggestion aimed at making Tasks a planning tool more complete: I propose, in the Calendar view, you activate the tooltip when the user moves the arrow pointer on a task. In part, this is already the case but should incorporate more information to uniquely identify the task in a long and detailed list of tasks. It would be useful to be able to trace instantly short of belonging to the project, for example, and the level at which that particular task is inserted in the list.
In part, the request is similar to that which I did recently for notes.
Hi
Attachments
suggs.PNG
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Thank you, all noted, though I can't promise quick implementation, as we are busy revamping the interface.
Maxim,
EPIM Team