Appointments: Custom Duration Entry

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

ecsaltz
Guru

Appointments: Custom Duration Entry

Post by ecsaltz »

Quite often the pull down durations menu for appointments doesn't have a selection I can use, so I have to do the math to come up with an end time that matches my required duration.

It would be helpful if there was the additional ability to enter a custom duration. That could be done as either a text entry (hours:minutes), or a visual slide time scale, etc. However, I would not replace the existing pull down durations menu.
PC Desktop: Window 11 Pro, 34 inch 4K monitor.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Appointments: Custom Duration Entry

Post by admin »

Thanks for the suggestion. I think we could probably save couple of last duration periods in the list in addition to the default values. Would that solve the case?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
ecsaltz
Guru

Post by ecsaltz »

That is an interesting approach to my suggestion. I would say any "last duration periods" saved would exclude those that are default values in the list, to prevent duplication. I would suggest saving up to six custom last durations. I usually encounter durations like "1.5", "2.5" and "3.5" hours - these half hour type durations are the most common I encounter.
PC Desktop: Window 11 Pro, 34 inch 4K monitor.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Got it, thanks, that's likely the approach we're going to follow :)
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!