POLL: e-mail improvement suggestions

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

What three options do you like most ?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:22 pm

- Spam filtering, with white and black listing and move those messages to a spam or trash folder - DONE
20%
- Block the preview pane and by that NOT loading e-mails unless opened or needed for the preview pane. - DONE
6%
- Option to block loading remote content (mostly pictures) - DONE
8%
- Label (flag) messages to categorize them (color or category, like in the other EPIM modules) - DONE
24%
- Mark messages (for remembrance or as spam) - DONE
7%
- Threading e-mail messages - DONE
11%
- Option to apply column changes also to all other accounts/folders - DONE
5%
- General option for requesting read receipt confirmations, now this can only be set per e-mail.
4%
- Timed e-mails, so you can set a time and date for sending out the e-mail in stead of immediately - DONE
5%
- other (1,2,3,4,5 as described in the first message or other own suggestion)
9%

Total votes: 279

PeCe
Guru

POLL: e-mail improvement suggestions

Post by PeCe »

Since there are regular suggestions for improvements concerning the e-mail module, I like to combine them (those that I found) in one poll. So others can vote AND tell why they like what improvements in the e-mail module.

Since I was allowed "only" 10 poll options I could not add all suggestions I found, the following I left outside the poll, but you can select [other] and tell in a reply that you prefer one of these
- 1- Add notes to e-mails
- 2- Setting preferences for accepting cookies
- 3- Option to preview messages as text and block HTML preview
- 4- Save e-mails as templates (although I guess that saving them as concepts might work the same)
- 5- Option to detach attachments and remove attachments from the received e-mail.

You can vote for two options, I hope this helps the EPIM programmers to establish what options we prefer. Also I have added a general {other} option, but hope that if you select this you will enter a reply that you have chosen other and what other option you would like.
Last edited by PeCe on Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Tak
The Netherlands
Moderator and Dutch translator for EPIM
EPIM 11.8.4 Pro portable / Android EPIM 6.0.17
conwayk

Re: POLL: e-mail improvement suggestions

Post by conwayk »

Ideally, I would like IMAP to sync deleted email messages with the server so that when I access my email online, I don't have to go and redelete the emails I already deleted in ePIM Pro!
nathMS
Novice

Post by nathMS »

Store emails as notes (by dragging to the Notes tab), or Cut/Paste operation which would take the whole email with its headers.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

conwayk wrote:Ideally, I would like IMAP to sync deleted email messages with the server so that when I access my email online, I don't have to go and redelete the emails I already deleted in ePIM Pro!
Hello,
it actually works this way. If it does not for you, it sounds like a bug.
One detail- EPIM puts your deleted emails into "Deleted Items" or "Trash" folder, but does not delete them actually from the server.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Claudia
Experienced

Post by Claudia »

conwayk wrote:Ideally, I would like IMAP to sync deleted email messages with the server so that when I access my email online, I don't have to go and redelete the emails I already deleted in ePIM Pro!
This works nicely on my machine.
TonyKenny
Novice

Post by TonyKenny »

What three options do you like most ?

- Spam filtering, with white and black listing and move those messages to a spam or trash folder
10% :)

- Label (flag) messages to categorize them (color or category, like in the other EPIM modules)
:D

- General option for requesting read receipt confirmations, now this can only be set per e-mail.
2 :)
stevebeet

Post by stevebeet »

I'd like to add an extra-strong super-vote for blocking remote content, and also for an option to display only plain-text and/or HTML/RTF "source code".

I don't see how we can protect ourselves against viruses and spam if EssentialPIM's going to automatically download and/or display any old junk the email's sender chooses. You can't rely on a firewall to block "web bugs" to maintain privacy, or an anti-virus program to prevent zero-day exploits in the rendering engine for HTML code.

These two features are essential from my point of view. It's a shame EssentialPIM doesn't allow either of them, because otherwise it's an extremely good program, and I would love to migrate to it permanently. As it is, I won't be using EssentialPIM 's email module at all, and because of that, I will probably stick with Outlook, despite its awful handling of IMAP mail.
qizhuxu

Post by qizhuxu »

If possible, I suggest the addition of three improvements:
1) read e-mails and unread e-mails should make a distinction, the unreads sticky.
2) the e-mails of the same sender, day(today,yesterday,the day befor yesterday,early), category can be folded and unfolded.
3) the multiple replies of the same subject, can be automatically folded and shown the count;click the number,the e-mails will be folded and unfolded.
1.jpg
1.jpg (43.2 KiB) Viewed 33145 times
folded by the time (left arrow)
folded and count (top right arrow)
automatical flag (right arrow)
2.jpg
2.jpg (47.21 KiB) Viewed 33145 times
unfolded (left arrow)
unfolded and count (top right arrow)
3.jpg
3.jpg (39.58 KiB) Viewed 33145 times
folded by name
nebrit
Guru

Post by nebrit »

The proposed qizhuxu is a very good proposal, it would save a lot of work to users who use very much the application.... :D
The Spanish and Catalan translator of EssentialPIM
EssentialPIM Pro 5.03 and/or the latest beta version, Windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.04
www.lexnos.com
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Suggestion noted, thank you. Labelling emails is in the plans.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
CvanDorsten
Experienced

Post by CvanDorsten »

So far I like working with EPim. Especially the fact that I now have one application for my email and agenda and contact, that I can use on my business laptop, my private laptop and my travel notepad.

Since I was used to use DreamMail, I am somewhat spoiled when it comes to email functionallity. In this perspective EPim could do with some of its features. Here's my suggestion out of all possibilities that program has.

1. Make it possible to filter emails by column, for every column possible.
2. Make it possible to group emails by column, for every column possible.
3. Make it possible to sort emails by column, for every column possible.
4. Make it possible to create your own filters and store the filters and there results (i.e. create views on emails).
Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40 GHz
8 Gb RAM
Windows 8 64-bit
CvanDorsten
Experienced

Post by CvanDorsten »

Just remembered a thing I miss very much. Clicking the envelop in front of the email should toggle read/unread.
Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40 GHz
8 Gb RAM
Windows 8 64-bit
Gorgeous1
Novice

Post by Gorgeous1 »

Automatically Record Email History in CONTACT Area.... Even when you did a MASS
Emailing.
ariex

Post by ariex »

Is it pssible now, to mark or flag the E-mail messages , like in Thunderbird?
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

ariex wrote:Is it pssible now, to mark or flag the E-mail messages , like in Thunderbird?
Hello,

it will be possible in the next major version of EPIM. We are testing this feature.
Maxim,
EPIM Team