Insert Hyperlink to an attachment

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: Max, TerryRogers

senerh

Insert Hyperlink to an attachment

Post by senerh »

Hi,
I would also like to suggest a hyperlink to an attachment. Like an hyperlink to an Item link, but now to an (added) attachment (within EPIM).

Thanks,
Sener

Max
Site Admin

Re: Insert Hyperlink to an attachment

Post by Max »

You can do this already (try adding file to an appointment)
Maxim,
EPIM Team

Freddie
Novice

Re: Insert Hyperlink to an attachment ++ Notes Text to Attac

Post by Freddie »

Is it really possible inside Notes to write some text that includes a hyperlink to an attachment in the same Note? So I would have in the Text section something like: "all the detailled numbers can be found in the spreadsheet stored here". And "here" would be a hyperlink to the spreadsheet stored in the attachment section.

I see that I can set hyperlinks to external files and then put a link to the same external file in the attachment section.
Small files however I prefer to directly store in the attachment section and I did not find a way to set a hyperlink on such an internal file.

I think the idea to manage all the attachments on a separate page is great. I did not even start to check out the Attachments Manager but it looks very reassuring for the time when I shall have much more content and many more attached files. But if at the same time those files could seamlessly be called from within the Text that would be the best of two worlds.

doncht
Experienced

Post by doncht »

Try to check the link below,I think that's what you're looking for. Image

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11173&p=46345&hili ... ink#p46345

Freddie
Novice

Post by Freddie »

That one gives a lot of insight in hyperlinks, thanks! It is from 2011 and since then even some more things have been enabled it seems.

However I still see no way to link to internal files, only to external files. Meaning: when in a Note you add a file to Attachments and chose to add the file to your EPIM db (rather than just placing a link to your harddisk in the Attachments section) — then I find no way to create a hyperlink for such an internal file.
When pressing the hyperlink button there are Item links but files are not listed there. There are File links but that would be for files you store on your harddisk. And Internet links is for URLs obviously.

Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

So far you can not link to files existing in EPIM database, not on your hard disk.
Maxim,
EPIM Team