EPIM Online

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Phoenix5392

EPIM Online

Post by Phoenix5392 »

It would be great if I could log online from any computer to use EPIM software in a cloud with a browser. You could expand your market because online software works for all operating systems. It would also benefit EPIM because you could charge an annual fee.
Max
Site Admin

Re: EPIM Online

Post by Max »

Hello,

thank you for the suggestion. We have a partial solution- EPIM Cloud, that is used mostly to synchronize 2 EPIM copies between themselves, but also has a limited web interface. So far we are thinking about the idea of expanding it.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Joel1245
Novice

Post by Joel1245 »

This is something I would definitely use. A lot of people use Google Calendar and are looking for apps that sync. With EPIM online, they'd have all of that in an online app. EPIM as it is now is too slow for my purposes. The sync is clunky and I budget my weeks in Google Calendar which creates a lot of repeated events that Google Calendar handles well but EPIM doesn't due to the nature of the software. Again, would love to see a online version of EPIM.
TumbleDoor
Guru

Post by TumbleDoor »

Joel1245 wrote:This is something I would definitely use. A lot of people use Google Calendar and are looking for apps that sync. With EPIM online, they'd have all of that in an online app. EPIM as it is now is too slow for my purposes. The sync is clunky and I budget my weeks in Google Calendar which creates a lot of repeated events that Google Calendar handles well but EPIM doesn't due to the nature of the software. Again, would love to see a online version of EPIM.
Sounds like what you really want isn't EPIM at all, but rather NextCloud.
Joel1245
Novice

Post by Joel1245 »

TumbleDoor wrote:Sounds like what you really want isn't EPIM at all, but rather NextCloud.
Actually, it very well may be. I'll take a look at it as I wasn't aware of NextCloud. Thanks Dumble...er.....TumbleDoor! ;)
Trinitylab
Guru

Post by Trinitylab »

Is there any guide on how to setup Nextcloud to be sync with Epim Pro?
EPIM Pro Business Network always newest
Win 8.1 Pro 64x, C2D 2x3GHz, 16 GB RAM or Win 10 Pro, i7, 16 GB RAM.
DavidN
Guru

Post by DavidN »

I have tried EPIM Cloud multiple times in the past. There have been a number of improvements with the sync and for me it is working good so far and I am transferring alot of data. I am mainly using it to sync between a desktop and a Surface. I would agree that if we could also sync to an android or IOS app then it would be complete and we would no longer have any reliance on a 3rd party. For my android I am currently using the PC sync with the EPIM app and it works fine. However, it would be great to have that as a cloud sync with EPIM servers.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Trinitylab wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:18 am Is there any guide on how to setup Nextcloud to be sync with Epim Pro?
It should be as simple as clicking on File->Synchronization->Add Synchronization->ownCloud, NextCloud and following the on screen instructions of the synchronization wizard.

DavidN, this feature is in the plans, thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Trinitylab
Guru

Post by Trinitylab »

admin wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:43 pm
Trinitylab wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:18 am Is there any guide on how to setup Nextcloud to be sync with Epim Pro?
It should be as simple as clicking on File->Synchronization->Add Synchronization->ownCloud, NextCloud and following the on screen instructions of the synchronization wizard.

DavidN, this feature is in the plans, thanks!
Thank you, admin, Epim part is easy, but I get
"Error discovering the NextCloud end-points. Please check if you have a correct working setup."

So I do not know what is a correct working setup for Epim.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The error says it all. The NextCloud server needs to be configured correctly so that EPIM could get endpoints for data sync.
Trinitylab
Guru

Post by Trinitylab »

admin wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:36 pm The error says it all. The NextCloud server needs to be configured correctly so that EPIM could get endpoints for data sync.
Thank you, admin, yes, I can figure it out.
What method does the sync with Nextcloud use, CalDav?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yep, all the DAV type of protocols: CalDAV, CardDAV, WebDAV.
Frizzell9
Expert

Post by Frizzell9 »

Max wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:44 pm Hello,

thank you for the suggestion. We have a partial solution- EPIM Cloud, that is used mostly to synchronize 2 EPIM copies between themselves, but also has a limited web interface. So far we are thinking about the idea of expanding it.
Now would be a really ideal time to expand on EPIM Cloud and compete with big tech, as every day hundreds of Google users have chosen to no longer support Google by using any of its products and allowing their information to be monitored.

Frizzell9
Image EPIM Pro User Since 2006

"Why a four year old child could understand this.
Run out and get me a four year old child,
I can't make head or tail out of it."
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for your note, will consider it.
execuboy
Novice

Post by execuboy »

To me the desktop EssentialPIM application is perfect, since my preference is to keep all of my data private, and I can carry it encrypted on a usb stick. Users have the option of putting their data online if they want to.