insert screen clippings in notes

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

k_toepfer
Novice

insert screen clippings in notes

Post by k_toepfer »

I would like to be able to copy a screen clipping that I copied into the note page.
MetalDrop
Guru

Re: insert screen clippings in notes

Post by MetalDrop »

I think you'll need to be more specific as I'm not sure it's clear what you are asking for.

As "screen clipping" sounds like screenshot/clip/snip like what you get from using Microsoft's Snipping Tool or similar tools.
Of which you can already past basic image data from the clipboard directly into a note, just as you would past any text into them.
k_toepfer
Novice

Post by k_toepfer »

Yes, I meant the snipping tool. I just tried again to copy and paste it with ctrl.v and it didn't work. But then I right clicked it with paste and it worked.

Thank you.
MetalDrop
Guru

Post by MetalDrop »

k_toepfer wrote:Yes, I meant the snipping tool. I just tried again to copy and paste it with ctrl.v and it didn't work. But then I right clicked it with paste and it worked.
That's interesting as I use Ctrl + v all the time to past screen clips in notes. At least in version 6.58 & 7.
I honestly can't think of any reason it wouldn't be working outside of maybe some other program stealing the hotkey, but I assume you'd also be unable to past anything in EPIM with Ctrl + v if that was the case... At least the right click past is working for you.
bobmac1547
Guru

Post by bobmac1547 »

I'm trying to paste an image into the notes for a Task, but am unsuccessful. All I get is the error sound. I can attach an image, but I want to be able to see it without having to click or anything. Other than creating a Note (where I am successful in pasting the image) and linking it to the task as a related item, is there another way?
I measure a good day by how little I fell behind.

Quick! Hire a teenager while they still know everything!
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

bobmac1547 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:51 am I'm trying to paste an image into the notes for a Task, but am unsuccessful. All I get is the error sound. I can attach an image, but I want to be able to see it without having to click or anything. Other than creating a Note (where I am successful in pasting the image) and linking it to the task as a related item, is there another way?
There is no way to include Image inside the Task description. It's done on purpose, as otherwise we would not be able to synchronize with numerous online services EPIM supports.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Mel
Guru

Post by Mel »

Max wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:08 am
There is no way to include Image inside the Task description. It's done on purpose, as otherwise we would not be able to synchronize with numerous online services EPIM supports.

If EPIM is supposed to follow all format restrictions of numerous online services you mention here then the only available data in EPIM would be plain text, I'm afraid.
The standard attitude is to keep own software supreme over other services and to filter out formatting/data that cannot be synchronized (and warn users about possible data loss). There are many users that do not use sychronization features.

-- M.
bobmac1547
Guru

Post by bobmac1547 »

Thanks , Mel. My sentiments exactly . EPIM should differentiate itself from the others , not try to mimic them.
I measure a good day by how little I fell behind.

Quick! Hire a teenager while they still know everything!