Calendar Month Labels

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

ALM
Novice

Re: Calendar Month Labels

Post by ALM »

But that’s my point. In order to see a whole month in Monthly Calendar view, I need to set the “Tools/Options/Calendar/Number of weeks in month view” to display 6 weeks at at time.
That means I am also going to see parts of the month before & after (which is fine with me). But that also means that the Month Label in the Title Bar will list all three months. So I have to do the gymnastics to figure out what month I’m looking at. I guess it must be valuable to some users to know exactly which months, or portions thereof, are currently being displayed. But not for me.

In order to see just one Month Label in the Title Bar, I have to select less than 6 weeks for display (usually 3 does the trick), but that defeats the purpose of a “monthly view”. I can’t see the whole month at one time.

The calendar on my ipad does a great job of it’s Monthly Calendar view. Bits of Dec & Feb are displayed, but the Month Label says just the one month; January 2018. Could EPIM do something like this?
good jan 2018.PNG
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That's how it works in EPIM - 6 weeks, a single month name. Please see the attached screenshot.
Attachments
2017-09-15_082133.png
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
ALM
Novice

Post by ALM »

Egg on my face. I thought I had tried all the different month views. Sorry to put you through the hassle & thanks for your patience with me.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No problem at all! That's what we are here for - to help and explain :) Please let me know if you have additional questions.
louis-xiv

Post by louis-xiv »

I am using version 7.61, but I am still having a related issue, concerning the "month" view. Right now, I have to go through a difficult effort of changing dates of a review etc. since I entered an item for the wrong month. Could you highlight the separation between months more clearly, like with a thicker line between months in the month view? Or alternating colors? Or printing the month in bold for the first day of a month? Note that I like epim very much, otherwise.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello,

thank you, suggestion noted.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
danmichsr5497
Novice

Post by danmichsr5497 »

We need to have the ability to ONLY show ONE month at a time..............
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Isn't that how it currently works?