Task feedback to Task originator from Task assignee

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

salamander
Novice

Task feedback to Task originator from Task assignee

Post by salamander »

I can find no mechanism for the Task originator, Mary, to be kept informed about issues that Task assignee, Tom, encounters in executing the task.

Tom encounters problems that prevent him completing a task, and has to ask Mary for guidance. Mary has hundreds of live tasks assigned to her team.

What reporting system is there within EPIM for Mary to be made immediately aware that a Task assignee is needing her help? He needs her to see certain documents and read his ongoing report notes and for Mary to make some critical decisions for his project. He is now at a dead stop.

For legal compliance and auditing purposes, reporting and feedback between Tom and Mary and subsequently Mary and Tom must be kept within the Task, not spread about within general Notes, Emails, telephone conversations etc. where they may be overlooked, misplaced or lost, and are certainly disconnected from the Task flow.

This 'keep together all project stuff' is a basic supervision requirement of any Task system. But first, Mary has to be alerted to the fact that Tom needs guidance specifically relating to his task/project. How?

I must be missing something in EPIM.

:roll:
Max
Site Admin

Re: Task feedback to Task originator from Task assignee

Post by Max »

Hello,

what you are asking is some kind of communication within information manager. This is not supported in EPIM. Tom can write comments in the task, but since the task is assigned to him, there is no way for Mary to be alerted about it.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
salamander
Novice

Post by salamander »

That's not good news. I'm sure that you can see that in the modern commercial environment, that sort of two-way task feedback/supervision/compliance is an absolutely vital business tool. It would allow you to increase the price of an extended EPIM by, in my case, 5-10 times per user.

OK: can you suggest a workaround whereby Tom somehow (manually) alerts Mary to his Task activity, and draws her attention to Toms specific task (even if not steering Mary directly to his Task notes/comments etc.)....
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

salamander wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:42 am OK: can you suggest a workaround whereby Tom somehow (manually) alerts Mary to his Task activity, and draws her attention to Toms specific task (even if not steering Mary directly to his Task notes/comments etc.)....
The obvious workaround is to use other communication methods outside EPIM, e.g. Skype
Maxim,
EPIM Team