EssentialPIM for LINUX

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

EssenceOfLife

EssentialPIM for LINUX

Post by EssenceOfLife »

Hello,

First of all: Thanks for Your work.
Throughout the discussion about EssentialPIM for Linux You tell us, that it would cost a lot of ressources to build such an EPIM-Version. But if You already have an Android-Version, it cannot be such a great step to Linux.
I use EssentialPIM on Linux Mint under Wine and it works quite well, except of using the email-client. I don't get access to any of my eMail-Providers. So think about it - and please, don't always claim, there won't be enough users to make it economical.

Best regards
Herbert
Max
Site Admin

Re: EssentialPIM for LINUX

Post by Max »

EPIM for Android and EPIM for Windows are built on totally different foundations. EPIM for Android is not the best choice for Desktop computers (e.g. those using Linux mostly). And yes, we still believe that making Linux version won't be economically feasible.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
COLONEL

Post by COLONEL »

I am not a computer geek, just a business man using with great pleasure EPIM.
I have avoided Linux for the last 15 years as I could avoid some privacy issues with Windows.
This is not possible anymore and in five years millions of people like me will keep only a small windows activity
and switch to onother OS without Microsoft or Android, Apple is something else.
Either you come up with a Linux compatible or someone else will come to your market, up to you..., I sincerely hope you shall do this
as your program is FANTASTIC without other serious competition with Outlook.
Please kindly keep me posted in the future.
mf.chabert@pm.me
spike032

Post by spike032 »

I also moved to linux-based products, as a result of privacy issues and want to use EssentialPim via *nix/linux OS.
a8907433
Guru

Post by a8907433 »

Me too. Each new Windows version gets more and more demanding private data, for cloud services, advertisement, service.....EPIM is one of the basic programs for me, preventing me migrating to Linux. Wine is not a real solution, only a second best substitute for a native EPIM.
Voin_Nochi
Novice

Post by Voin_Nochi »

Maybe It would be easier to work on Wine-compatibility and make PlayOnLinux configuration.