Can you upgrade the functions of the calendar's editor?

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

lov737

Post by lov737 »

i'd like to use the calendar as the diary.But it cannot paste and display pictures.
As a layal user, i come from China and use EPIM for about ten years.
Thank you very much for your great work.
Max
Site Admin

Re: Can you upgrade the functions of the calendar's editor?

Post by Max »

Hello,

thank you for the suggestion, it is noted. We do not plan to add this feature into Calendar in the nearest future. However, I suggest you to use Notes as a diary. You can put dates into name of each Note (there is a button on the toolbar to quickly insert date)
Maxim,
EPIM Team
rrrgee

Post by rrrgee »

This brings up a good question for me (as a sort of pre-sales question), can notes be made visible in a calendar, like a note linked to a date?
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Notes can not be made visible inside Calendar. However, Notes can be opened in separate windows, which can be viewed along the Calendar.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Jeff Gatt

Post by Jeff Gatt »

Exactly what would it take to be able to like a note to a date. Really like the software be need to be able to make notes to a date.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Inside Notes you can make links to Calendar events. You can also put date field into Notes name.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Jeff Gatt

Post by Jeff Gatt »

Not the same. Been using ХХ and really like it but want the ability of a desktop version. In ХХ I can add notes, tasks and events to a day. [cut]
Trinitylab
Guru

Post by Trinitylab »

Jeff Gatt wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:45 am Not the same. Been using ХХ and really like it but want the ability of a desktop version. In ХХ I can add notes, tasks and events to a day. [cut]
If you want to have a large note in Calendar accessed with one click, then you create a note in Notes module, then RMB on the title of it, Copy as link, and you place that link, Ctrl+v, in a TITLE of an event. That way, in Calendar you just see such a link as a title, and you click this link with LMB without any extra keys, just like any other link on the internet.

However, I agree that it could be fantastic to mix types of items with modules. But that would cause another problem - how to export, sync Notes created in other modules. During their creation to copy them simultaneously into one tab in Notes, ie. Collected Notes? Then you could access them from two places: from a given module, Calendar, and from Notes module.
EPIM Pro Business Network always newest
Win 8.1 Pro 64x, C2D 2x3GHz, 16 GB RAM or Win 10 Pro, i7, 16 GB RAM.
tahoma
Guru

Post by tahoma »

Trinitylab wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 9:36 am
If you want to have a large note in Calendar accessed with one click, then you create a note in Notes module, then RMB on the title of it, Copy as link, and you place that link, Ctrl+v, in a TITLE of an event. That way, in Calendar you just see such a link as a title, and you click this link with LMB without any extra keys, just like any other link on the internet.
Great tip from Trinitylab, thanks.