Feature request: Countdown

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

mauronnj

Feature request: Countdown

Post by mauronnj »

Hi, i would like to propose you a countdown feature.
It would be useful for me to have a screen with the countdown of the days left to an appointment or a task.
With option to view it also in the calendar and so on..
Maybe even manageable with priority.

Thank you.
Mauro
Max
Site Admin

Re: Feature request: Countdown

Post by Max »

Hello,

thank you, your suggestion noted.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
ecsaltz
Guru

Post by ecsaltz »

mauronnj wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:48 pm Hi, i would like to propose you a countdown feature.
It would be useful for me to have a screen with the countdown of the days left to an appointment or a task.
With option to view it also in the calendar and so on..
Maybe even manageable with priority.

Thank you.
Mauro
This is a feature I have to manually simulate. For instance, I have a critical task fifteen days in the future that must be completed. I have other tasks that really should be done along the was as well, but some I have to drop as I get closer to the critical task deadline. I actually number the days before that deadline for each day before it, so the day before has a simple appointment titled "1", two days before with an appointment titled "2", and so on. As I get closer to the deadline, then I must focus more daily on the critical task completion. It's actually works well for me, but numbering the preceding days before the deadline is time consuming.

A countdown feature, no matter how implemented, would be very practical for me, and a real time saver!
PC Desktop: Window 11 Pro, 34 inch 4K monitor.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Android 12 - linked with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro wrist watch and Fitbit Sense wrist watch.
danmichsr5497
Novice

Post by danmichsr5497 »

Your count down feature could be done if they would set up a CALCULATED FIELD for use to manage.
JimDavis5711

Post by JimDavis5711 »

I just managed to create a countdown calendar. You need to create a spreadsheet with whatever values you want. Save as a csv file and then import it to the calendar app.