2factor authentication for mobile

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

telltay
Novice

2factor authentication for mobile

Post by telltay »

Hi

I installed the mobile version of the apps on my android and ipad devices. With more recent security concerns, is it possible to enable more authentication options

1. is it possible to active two factor authentication so that when someone knows my password, he has to enter the second factor (eg using Authy authentication codes)?

2. Is it possible to delete the data if there is failed login attempts on the mobile?

Thanks

Julian
Max
Site Admin

Re: 2factor authentication for mobile

Post by Max »

Hello,

thank you for the suggestion. Usually apps on mobile devices are not protected by other apps installed on same devices (e.g. Authy). Could you point me in a direction of other apps that are protected this way?
Maxim,
EPIM Team
telltay
Novice

Re: 2factor authentication for mobile

Post by telltay »

Maxim,

I see nowadays more applications using 2FA. I recently upgraded Gmail, Microsoft mail, twitter, instagram,facebook, linkedin, zoho with 2FAs. I also know that firefox and some other password apps (password manager pro, lastpass, stickypassword, keeper, 1password, password boss) are 2FA supported.

This is especially important for mobile apps which store personal details and passwords. Imagine when you lost your phone. Most of us dont even set to erase the data after x tries.

Thank you for always improving your apps.

Merry Christmas

Julian