Suggestion: A Clock Widget

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: Max, TerryRogers

Maximiller

Suggestion: A Clock Widget

Post by Maximiller »

Hello,

I suggest adding a clock widget for the desktop EssentialPIM that can always float on top and display reminders and and direct users to the full software window when it is clicked on. Got this thought when I just downloaded a desktop clock app and wondered whether EssentialPIM can integrate this function. Thanks for reading!

PeCe
Guru

Re: Suggestion: A Clock Widget

Post by PeCe »

+1
I now use a clock program in Windows, with a stopwatch and timer function. This program also has an on top function.

I agree it might be a usefull addition if EssentialPIM could track start/end time. We can use that for tracking time with telephone conversations or tasks we are working for. The on top function as an option would be very useful.
Peter Tak
The Netherlands
Moderator and Dutch translator for EPIM
EPIM Pro portable 9.00 // Android EPIM 5.7.3

ecsaltz
Guru

Post by ecsaltz »

+1

This topic has come up before, with a lot of user interest. Max, admin: please consider this simple addition: it would add a real convenience for those of us who bill on consulting time. You could include something simple like a simple elapsed timer to start with, and insert like the current date/time function does.
PC Desktop: Window 10 Pro, three 4K monitor extended display system.
Cell phone: Verizon Wireless Samsung Note 8, Android 8 - linked with Samsung Gear 3 watch and original Pebble watch.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the suggestion, placed it into our internal to do list for implementation in the new versions.

If you or someone else has additional use cases to the ones already mentioned in the above posts, please share, will take all them into account.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!

Shron85
Novice

Post by Shron85 »

Something on this same line that I would love to see is time tracking for notes. I work in notes for different clients and it would be a truly handy feature to be able to see how much total time I have working on a given note.

S_Belle
Experienced

Post by S_Belle »

Shron85 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 10:49 pm
Something on this same line that I would love to see is time tracking for notes. I work in notes for different clients and it would be a truly handy feature to be able to see how much total time I have working on a given note.
That would be awesome! Right now I run a number of different stop watch timers to track my time spent in notes so I can bill by the hour. I've tried every time tracking program that isn't super over the top spyware for widows, but they can only track time in EPIM as a whole and not time spent in different parts of it.

emails4me
Novice

Post by emails4me »

+1

Some sort of time tracking for notes and tasks while keeping a running total would be good.