Highlight Code

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

emails4me
Experienced

Highlight Code

Post by emails4me »

I guess there are a lot developers or sysadmins who use EPIM to save notes and code.

Viewing code in plain text is hard to read. Would be great if there was support to highlight code. Perhaps using keyword syntax list from other programs eg. Ultraedit or perhaps include some of the popular languages
tahoma
Guru

Re: Highlight Code

Post by tahoma »

That might be a great, but you might find that many source code editors (for instance MS Visual Studio) allow you to copy the syntax highlighted code. You can than paste it into a EPIM Note, keeping the syntax highlighted code exactly the way that you work with it (No hassle with defining the syntax and colours in EPIM). At least one text editor can do this too (EditPadPro). I don't know about Ultraedit...
emails4me
Experienced

Post by emails4me »

Yes, know that trick, but its inconvenient and relies on other applications.

There are other note taking apps (eg. RightNote) that have this feature embedded in their application without relying on VS or other editors. Would be good to see this feature in EPIM.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the suggestion, noted!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Triple S
Expert

Post by Triple S »

+1

Just started learning C# and syntax highlighting for code notes would be really nice, especially as I am finding that unlike these old threads copying and pasting from any of the source code editors I use does not carry over the highlighting to EPIM.