Prefetching mail

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: Max, TerryRogers

Essy
Novice

Prefetching mail

Post by Essy »

On my Android phone I'm using an email app that fetches/caches the complete messages (incl. pictures etc) when using WiFi.
When using mobile data only fetches plain text and the pictures on demand. Lots more setting to finetune things but I won't bother you with that.

What I would like is that ePIM works a little more similar to that Android app on my Windows laptop. (and desktop)
As soon as a message arrives, don't just show a label with the number of new messages, but prefetch them.
On my PC the result would be a few seconds less loading time. That's not a dramatic improvement.
But on my laptop things are way different in my situation. Often it doesn't have internet connection (flights) but I can still read and answer emails.
Yes I could open all mail folders regularly when I have a WiFi/wired connection to fetch my mail, but doing things automatically would be a real improvement.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Prefetching mail

Post by admin »

You can click on the Manage Folder button and set synchronization type as full messages for the required folders. Hope that's what you were looking for.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!