Suggesion no leaf count & table

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

telltay
Novice

Suggesion no leaf count & table

Post by telltay »

For Notes section, if we setup a lot of leaf in each note, i suggest to add a count in bracket

eg

Root
-- Chlid1 note (2)
-- Child2 note
-- Child3 note

Also, I dont think the table function are very easy to use or expand.. especially when compare with other editors. I suggest to make it easier to add / remove columns or rows in between lines and at the end of the lines.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Suggesion no leaf count & table

Post by admin »

Click on Tools->Options->Notes and enable the "Show number of sub-items" check box.

Which options would you like to see in addition to the ones currently present for table in notes?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
tahoma
Guru

Post by tahoma »

Hi,

I also have once posted this request, the one for a a count in brackets after the note name. It is still on my list of suggestions. You seem to misread: this is not about the sub-items in the Note tree, it is about the visibility of the number of leafs in a Note. I still would welcome such a feature, for I believe it will help me find information quicker if I see how many leafs a Note contains.
MetalDrop
Guru

Post by MetalDrop »

tahoma wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:45 am Hi,

I also have once posted this request, the one for a a count in brackets after the note name. It is still on my list of suggestions. You seem to misread: this is not about the sub-items in the Note tree, it is about the visibility of the number of leafs in a Note. I still would welcome such a feature, for I believe it will help me find information quicker if I see how many leafs a Note contains.

Mock-ups are often handy when suggesting some features.

If possible and if implemented I think it would be good to make [leaf numbers] a different shape and color than node children numbers.
2021-03-23_080240.jpg
EPIM Portable Pro Running/Tested On: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit US-ENG|i5-6400+Quadro P620|i7-7700K+1050ti|i7-8700K+970GTX|AMD 5600x+1080ti|16GB+RAM&NVMe SSDs
[I'm helpful and often reply to questions, however I am just a fellow user and not staff.]
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ah, I see now, thanks for the suggestion, surely noted!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!