Promote EssentialPIM more as e-mail client

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Telesto
Experienced

Promote EssentialPIM more as e-mail client

Post by Telesto »

Personal Information Manager bit niche for hardcore users. Rather uncommon biggest potential user base. At least in my perception. So you're missing out one huge group of potential customers. PIM as such is kind niche product. Or some 'relic' of the past.

PIM - essential PIM - is for me - in the core - an e-mail client with calendar. With some other features around it (which makes it technically PIM). I actually was in search for an e-mail client (using Thunderbird for a while, but GUI kind off odd sometimes, especially for search).

Mailbird, Postbox, MailSpring have limited functionality and quite a price tag. Emclient is actually more or less EssentialPIM (based on quick look), but also not cheap.

So I see demand in this area (why are Mailbird, Postbox, Mailspring poping up. Vivaldi browsing starting too). Except I don't see EssentialPIM as e-mail client from perspective PIM user. I would put it under UltraRecall/MyInfo/RightNote (lacking calendar (mostly)/ lacking e-mail (all the time).

So you're actually selling an e-mail client + calendar with PIM functionality, IMHO. So branding really off, if you ask me. I only landed here by referral, comparing feature set of different outliners (PIMs). While being in search for an decent e-mail client with 'normal' price tag. Or lets say feature set matching price.

So I really would suggest rebranding EssentialPIM or put spin-off variant with different label online (with the navigation pane slightly different arranged). Today or Mail on top. Calendar, Contacts.. Notes Passwords.. and you're ready. You have build a totally new product :mrgreen:
admin
Site Admin

Re: Promote EssentialPIM more as e-mail client

Post by admin »

That's a very interesting comment, thanks for sharing it and for providing us with a bit of insight info about your way to EPIM. Will surely give it a thought. Thanks again!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!