Pre-defined shortcut for switching between conversation <-> List

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Telesto
Experienced

Pre-defined shortcut for switching between conversation <-> List

Post by Telesto »

Lots of items have pre-defined shortcut, but this not the case for 'conversations' vs list mode
admin
Site Admin

Re: Pre-defined shortcut for switching between conversation <-> List

Post by admin »

Could you please share your use case scenario as to why you need to switch in between the modes often?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Telesto
Experienced

Post by Telesto »

admin wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:24 pm Could you please share your use case scenario as to why you need to switch in between the modes often?
Well lets say I prefer list in principle.. I'm in CC list of plenty of bug of bugtracker, and mostly don't delete e-mails. Normally I only interested in the last e-mail. If I want to look up the whole history, I visit the bugtracker. So conversation showing me (my own) junk.
However I do receive a few mailinglist in the same inbox. And these get hard to follow without conversation mode. Especially if you want look up something. In that case I would jump to conversation mode.

Somehow I assumed this quite regularly done. But well assuming I'm the exception for switching. What's the point of the 'conversation' mode button in the navigation panel. I really find the 'conversation' button disturbing. Which is again a reason to ask for shortcut, if there is a shortcut, the button in the navigation panel becomes even more superfluous. But well, now I have ruined my Salami tactics approach: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salami_tactics
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Understood thanks, will surely keep your suggestion in mind when doing changes to the UI.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!