Search box setting not preserved

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Tester
Expert

Search box setting not preserved

Post by Tester »

For the search via search box exist four options: All fields / Titles / Note content / Tags.

SB2.jpg
SB2.jpg (14.77 KiB) Viewed 813 times

Default is "All fields".

Personally I use almost exclusively "Titles". Unfortunately whenever closing EPIM, after the next start of the program the setting has reverted to "All fields".

Wouldn't it better (for all users) if the last setting would be kept over the sessions?
FireBrand2026
Guru

Re: Search box setting not preserved

Post by FireBrand2026 »

Probably better for some users, but not all.

I personally almost always use "All fields", and when I do switch to title or tags I'm grateful it goes back to all fields automatically as otherwise I'd probably forget about it and think EPIM was broken next time I did a search on a fresh restart.

Most programs I use with quick search features always default to all fields on restart too, so it would also be something that would feel non-compliant/un-intuitive.

Seems like there was a post a while back I think about someone suggesting a filter box just for the note tree titles, which I thought was a good idea since I don't like how quick search, searches all note trees, when I'm doing a title search I generally only want it to be in the tree I'm working in.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=35454&p=114645&hili ... ox#p114645

Oddly it doesn't look like I ever +1'd the original post...
Tester
Expert

Re: Search box setting not preserved

Post by Tester »

FireBrand2026 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:52 pm [...] about someone suggesting a filter box just for the note tree titles, which I thought was a good idea [...]

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=35454&p=114645&hili ... ox#p114645
Oh, yes. That would be a very good solution in my opinion too. 8)