Project Management Timeline

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Telesto
Experienced

Project Management Timeline

Post by Telesto »

Not sure who uses EssentialPIM and how it's being being used. But well there is calendar, agenda notes and e-mail..

A project management timeline might be nice addition. It more a visual representation of todo list. Or ideal to make a project planning. Which is 'connected to e-mail (emails about project progress) its connect calendar (start date/end date progress control dates). And maybe to notes too. Note related to a project.

And I do think that writers can use this tool also. To setup a 'story board'. So when happens what in the story. And keep notes around it

The first best thing I found with Google: https://www.lucidchart.com/blog/8-steps ... t-timeline

Yes, there is dedicated application, but core topic is being nicely embedded within :P.

---
Musing:
I do see potential in kind of "Mozilla Application Suite approach (like SeaMonkey). Except it must be modular (separate system kind of thing) and code shouldn't become one big bowl of spaghetti. Where everything is tied into each other to deep. Which I still think was main flaws of "Mozilla Application Suite". it must be prevent that Software rot is spreading across the whole code. And issues around Software brittleness

But well the developer handbooks and strategy don't belong to my (normal) lecture. I only know out of experience that big applications which lots of features being hard to maintain (and keep stable) in the long run (and becoming a hell of QA teams too). It does need a automated testing framework (UI tests/ united tests etc). So lots infra (overhead). Time not spend on writing the application itself, which sounds like waste of time (in the short run), but at the complexity increases (Software entropy) you will needed to move forwards. Else you keep cleaning up (and breaking something else in the process). Few sheets about this topic: https://conference.libreoffice.org/asse ... oshida.pdf

And the mess EverNote has created (I think most troubles are gone know, but I don't follow the discussion really actively). But the forum has gone after login wall and Google indexer crawlers don't go that path anymore. Else issue would appear on page 1 of Google searching for EverNote. Which maybe outdated by now.. but the idea that it could so badly
Last edited by Telesto on Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Project Management Timeline

Post by admin »

Got it, thanks for the suggestion.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
mlohani

Re: Project Management Timeline

Post by mlohani »

There is also : https://www.proworkflow.com/blog/2021/0 ... -timeline/. They have also explain how to create project timeline in easy 7 steps.