Additional Section on Left (Go To)

Your suggestions for future versions of EssentialPIM

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

danmichsr5497
Novice

Additional Section on Left (Go To)

Post by danmichsr5497 »

The idea of having a additional item on left like Task / Trash etc since I don't use either of them. I bring up the idea of having the ability to have an inventory section or some other that people have mentioned. I have tried to get away from EssentialPIM but find that it is still the best around. I would like to use EsssentialPIM as the goto program each time I log on to my computer.

If there was a section like NOTES but called ??? OTHER. Where you could click on that and it would have your listing of other database items. You might have an home inventory program where you could click on that and it would take you to the Software but hold onto the link from where you came from so when you quit that program it would take you right back to Essential. It would be nice to use PASSWORDS etc and have it actually have JUST PASSWORDS. Thanks
PS: I guess it would bog down Essential if it was done any other way.
Triple S
Expert

Re: Additional Section on Left (Go To)

Post by Triple S »

danmichsr5497 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:46 am The idea of having a additional item on left like Task / Trash etc since I don't use either of them.
You can just go into options and disable whatever ones you don't like, I personally only keep Notes, Passwords, and trash.
2021-04-09_182813.jpg
I don't really follow the rest of what you talk about, but maybe relevant?

EPIM let's you make hyperlinks to files on your computer, so what I do is I have a sticky note with a bunch of file links, mostly to Excel and Access files which are for most indent and purpose databases of various things that don't fit into EPIM.

Basically the sticky note acts as a bookmarks bar for all the important files on my computer, which of course automatically open whatever program they are attached to. Because of this setup EPIM is more or less my main desktop. XD

It sounds like what you might like is like XYplorer's ability to make custom buttons, so that way you could make custom buttons on the left hand bar to access different programs / Files?
danmichsr5497
Novice

Post by danmichsr5497 »

Exactly right on custom Buttons.
DG
Beta Team

Post by DG »

It sounds like you are asking for a quick launch bar or pane, from which you can start your favorite or most used programs. I have this feature in my file manager. It's an interesting concept for EPIM, but would this begin to stretch the scope of a personal information manager?
danmichsr5497
Novice

Post by danmichsr5497 »

I bet there are many many users out there that are putting information in Passwords that aren't related to passwords. I understand that EssentialPIM can't be the best at everything but having the ability to go directly from EssentialPIM to the BEST inventory manager or Financial Manager is a great feature
S_Belle
Guru

Post by S_Belle »

So out of curiosity, what do you have against pinning all your, "best" and frequently used programs to your taskbar?
danmichsr5497
Novice

Post by danmichsr5497 »

I use EssentialPIM all the time. When my desktop starts it opens EssentialPIM. While I'm there if I want to check my financial software for an item or some other program I don't have to open another windows to check that out it's right there on EssentialPIM and would return right back to where I was on EssentialPIM. There are so many different variables with the ability to add custom buttons. I have home inventory in passwords and would be nice to just have passwords. Finally I have nothing against using the taskbar but have to many items there already. it's just something I though would be nice.