Zoom in notes

Post by mihalvld »

Let's add zooming for notes.
EPIM Pro Portable 10.2 / Windows 7, 10
admin
Site Admin

Re: Zoom in notes

Post by admin »

This is in the to do list already. Thanks.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Tester
Expert

Post by Tester »

But (I hope that) the default value for the view of a note will remain as it is?

(I ask because there are some similar programs where it is necessary to change the zoom value every time you open a note/document so that the fonts can be seen in an acceptable size.)
MetalDrop
Guru

Post by MetalDrop »

Do you want it to work like MS word eg:
Once set the text zoom level stayed that way for all notes and even after re-starting EPIM.

Or how Wordpad works eg:

Per-session, the zoom level is reset to 100% whenever EPIM is re-started.
EPIM Portable Pro Running/Tested On: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit US-ENG|i5-6400+Quadro P620|i7-7700K+1050ti|i7-8700K+970GTX|AMD 5600x+1080ti|16GB+RAM&NVMe SSDs
[I'm helpful and often reply to questions, however I am just a fellow user and not staff.]
Tester
Expert

Post by Tester »

@MetalDrop:

I would like to start with another wish :wink: (it's more or less the same I mentioned above, but a little bit more precisely):

I would prefer that the default zoom level will be 100% and that this level will continue to offer me the same view as it is now in EPIM (which is identical with the view I have in MS Word, also with 100%).

Consequently in this case for me it would make no difference if the zoom worked this way:
MetalDrop wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:13 pm Once set the text zoom level stayed that way for all notes and even after re-starting EPIM.
or that way:
MetalDrop wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:13 pm Per-session, the zoom level is reset to 100% whenever EPIM is re-started.
Because anyway I would use only the 100% zoom level.

If for some reason the zoom level of 100% would not longer offer a satisfying view (e.g. too small fonts) I would clearly prefer the first method. Because it would be necessary for me to determine a zoom level of e.g. 120% and of course it would be extremely useful if this level is kept for all notes and all sessions. But as mentioned above: In the ideal case a zoom level of 100% will offer anyway the same viewing experience as now.