License Upgrade from "EPIM Pro" to "EPIM Pro Network"?

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

EssentialPIMUser
Novice

License Upgrade from "EPIM Pro" to "EPIM Pro Network"?

Post by EssentialPIMUser »

Dear EPIM-Team,

I want to start using "EssentialPIM Pro" now and I'd like to start with 2 "Pro" licenses (incl. lifelong updates)
Later on I will probably switch to a network installation after I have time to set up the appropriate environment in my home network.
Can I upgrade my 2 "Pro" licenses to 2 "Pro Network licenses" then?
I mean, is it possible to pay an upgrade fee or do I have to pay the full price again?

Thanks and
Best Regards
Max
Site Admin

Re: License Upgrade from "EPIM Pro" to "EPIM Pro Network"?

Post by Max »

Yes, you can upgrade later without paying full price. You can see here: http://www.essentialpim.com/buy
Upgrade EssentialPIM Pro to Network edition
Maxim,
EPIM Team
EssentialPIMUser
Novice

Hi Max,

thanks for your quick reply.
I saw that option on your website already.
Does this upgrade include the lifelong updates for the "Network" edition as well, since I had this feature on my "Pro" edition before?

Thanks again.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

No, it does not. It is a 1-year license. Looks like it will still be cheaper for you to buy Upgrade to Network and then Lifetime updates for EssentialPIM Pro Network
Maxim,
EPIM Team
EssentialPIMUser
Novice

Hi Max,

mmh. This is going to be expensive... according to this procedure it will cost me € 87,50 per License.
Since I have 2 desktops and 2 notebooks I will need 4 licences as far as I understand.
Total amount : 350 €
If I instantly buy 4 "Network" licenses with lifelong updates:
Total amount: 303,8 €
That would be the better option (providing that the Network edition is able to work locally on every single PC, for the first installation).

Now an additional question about discount:
For buying 4 licenses I get a 7% discount.
Since I am a teacher I should be granted a 30% discount, too.
Does this result in a 37% discount on the calculated price?

Thanks and
Best Regards
Поддержка
Guru

Post by Поддержка »

There was an error with some pricing in EUR, I fixed it now.
So if you buy 4 Lifetime Network , it costs 4 x 75,95=303.8

If you buy 4 Pro: 4 x 29,95
+ Network: 4 x 15,95
+ Lifetime: 4 x 31,60
Cost is EUR 310

If you buy 4 pro licenses, discount is 5%. For Pro, yes, discount is 7%.

Yes, you are entitled to additional 30% discount.
Nozavi
Novice

Post by Nozavi »

What can I do if I purchased (3) Pro Lifetime licenses and then (3) upgrades to Business thinking the "Lifetime" part will be preserved? The fact that it doesn't seems very shady to me. Where's the logic?

EssentialPIM Pro lifetime license $79.95
Upgrade EssentialPIM Pro to Business edition $19.95
------------------------------------------------------------------
EssentialPIM Pro Business lifetime license $99.95

What's the difference?! Why should I be "punished" for realizing after purchasing that I need a different product? What's the point of an "upgrade" if it doesn't properly upgrade my license?

I want to keep using EPIM, but the Pro version alone isn't enough and the Business version is only valid for one year although I've paid hundreds of bucks to have lifetime access...

This looks very unprofessional and I feel conned...
logies
Guru

Post by logies »

It`s a crazy discussion. EPIM Pro Business is much too cheap, anyhow. Buy a few life time licences of Pro Business before Astonsoft/Maxim recognizes this. "appropriate environment in my home network" is another joke. The network edition runs on every Windows PC, setup is done in 5 min, migration to another PC is trivial. What EPIM lacks is better marketing targeting users of Outlook (how to migrate, how to replicate functionality). Anybody who wants to use what I have written here may use and spread it. I would like to see a much more active forum filled by new customers!
Nozavi
Novice

Post by Nozavi »

logies wrote:It`s a crazy discussion. EPIM Pro Business is much too cheap, anyhow. Buy a few life time licences of Pro Business before Astonsoft/Maxim recognizes this.
How does that even solve my problem? As I've mentioned before, I've already spent hundreds of dollars on several lifetime licenses. I don't need more, I just want those upgrades I've purchased to act like proper upgrades. If I would've known from the very beginning I'd be needing Business licenses, I would have gladly purchased them, since I would have still paid pretty much the same amount of money for them, but here I am with a bunch of licenses for which I've paid quite a lot and it seems they're useless for what I need...

There's no mention on that pricing page that upgrades don't apply to lifetime licenses - NONE. Why is that? Shouldn't users know if exceptions exist? Not to mention the fact that I find it hard to believe in these cases it's really impossible to deactivate those old pro licenses and activate the lifetime business licenses... As I said... although that's not the intention, it sure looks like a very shady business model...
MetalDrop
Guru

Post by MetalDrop »

A lot of companies offer big discounts when you buy the highest tier you need first, and make you pay much more going the "upgrade" routes. Not only do you get a 30-day trial to help you choice winch you need, but EPIM also offers a 30-day money back guarantee as well. Just contact support via email (epimsupport@essentialpim.com) with the following info: Your full name, Order ID number, & Date of purchase along with what you want to do and I'm sure someone will be more than happy to get things sorted out for you.

One thing to keep in mind also is that lifetime network/business is still quite new as though most of EPIMs history if I recall correctly network has been only available in limited upgrade format.
EPIM Portable Pro Running/Tested On: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit US-ENG|i5-6400+Quadro P620|i7-7700K+1050ti|i7-8700K+970GTX|AMD 5600x+1080ti|16GB+RAM&NVMe SSDs
[I'm helpful and often reply to questions, however I am just a fellow user and not staff.]
Nozavi
Novice

Post by Nozavi »

MetalDrop wrote:A lot of companies offer big discounts when you buy the highest tier you need first, and make you pay much more going the "upgrade" routes.
That doesn't make it right... especially the (almost) complete lack of transparency regarding those upgrade terms...
MetalDrop wrote:Not only do you get a 30-day trial to help you choice winch you need, but EPIM also offers a 30-day money back guarantee as well
Aside the fact that the first purchase was made more than a month ago, so that's money down the drain, to me this idea is baffling... I mean, these posts are my way of saying "Hey, keep my money, let's make this work" and the response (or lack thereof) is "No, keep your money, changing a license is way too hard"... Seriously?!
MetalDrop
Guru

Post by MetalDrop »

Nozavi wrote:
MetalDrop wrote: I mean, these posts are my way of saying "Hey, keep my money, let's make this work" and the response (or lack thereof) is "No, keep your money, changing a license is way too hard"... Seriously?!
You are posting on a public community forum where the admin only come by every few days, and even than as this is a public style forum their are many posts that will slip out of their view, this is not a support desk / ticket system. So you are getting the exact kind of replies one would expect from what's by far and large a board filled with fans of the software who have been using it for years. XD

Which is why if you really want something to be done email support is the #1 way to go. There is a high chance in the next day or an admin will reply to you here, but realistically they will probably tell you to either email them or pm them so they can start helping you better.
EPIM Portable Pro Running/Tested On: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit US-ENG|i5-6400+Quadro P620|i7-7700K+1050ti|i7-8700K+970GTX|AMD 5600x+1080ti|16GB+RAM&NVMe SSDs
[I'm helpful and often reply to questions, however I am just a fellow user and not staff.]
Josealdo94
Novice

Post by Josealdo94 »

Hmm I do agree that if they invested in better support in the forums it will be very welcome. Having said that, even though the ticket system is sometimes very slow, right now it's the best way I think.
Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Forum support does not have a guaranteed SLA, but please keep in mind- that's offered to both Free and Pro version and in addition to ticket system. I do not think such forum support is available for for much more expensive products.
Maxim,
EPIM Team
Nozavi
Novice

Post by Nozavi »

Thank you, everyone, for your support! Shortly after my last post above, I've decided to contact the epim team via email and the problem was immediately solved.