Automatic connection to database

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Makovchenko

Automatic connection to database

Post by Makovchenko »

Hello everyone,

I want to implement EssentialPIM Pro Network as a small mail backup tool for my customer. I've set up Firebird server on server machine but, here starts problem

1. EssentialPIM must run all the time, so I can't set it up on server machine - in case of possible restart. It does not run automatically without logging in to admin user
2. I decided to set it up on my customer computer, but customer accustomed to MS Outlook and does not want to change it. EPIM must run in background. It's ok, I launched automatically run on startup, but when computer starts, EPIM does not automatically connect to database. It's necessary to maximize EPIM and choose last opened database, what is such annoying for customer.

Is there any chance to solve this problem?

Best regards
Kamil
admin
Site Admin

Re: Automatic connection to database

Post by admin »

1. Sorry the problem is not clear. You don't need EPIM running on the server PC at all. You mean when the server is restated EPIM will not reconnect automatically?
2. We weren't able to reproduce that. What's your EPIM version?
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
Makovchenko

Post by Makovchenko »

It's all about automatically connecting client to database on server machine automatically after client computer restart.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That's exactly how it works on our side. If it doesn't on yours, please mention your EPIM version. Thanks.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!