Solved. Urgent. How can I obtain the previous EPIM before 7.0?

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

Trinitylab
Guru

Solved. Urgent. How can I obtain the previous EPIM before 7.0?

Post by Trinitylab »

I have just checked 7.0, no way, complete lack of visibility and user friendly interface, i do not have time to explain that but now many things are less convenient and demand more clicks and moves than before. And it works slower. This is called a downgrade. I want to revert as soon as possible to the previous version, but I do not have this in my downloads, because of a new way of updating. So where from can I obtain the version Pro Net for Windows 64 but previous to 7.0? Was it 6.58? Anyway, which version and where from, please?
OK, probably I got it was 6.58.
Now where can I find it?

OK, found it, got it, everything is fine, 6.58 works nice. We have lifetime licenses but most probably this is our last version we are going to use.
Modern look does not make work faster and more convenient because it is a modern look. An intuitive, clear, and OPTIMIZED interface does, guys.
Your problem is that you do not work on your product.

Give you the example for free.
Contacts > Notes.
In 6.58 I can make a longer note, say 50 lines, and then I want to put there a hyperlink, say, to a big Note (in Notes). What I need to do is to click an icon ALL the time accesible in Menu above while I write in Contact's note.
Now, in your modern interface I have to scroll up to find this icon.
Does it make for you any sense of optimization?

Next example, for free again. BTW, you should pay someone for that. It is typically called an Agile/Scrum Manager. Old ideas.
Contacts > Contact record
6.58 I have a custom field in Business chart called Assistant (which is typically an assistant to CEO), right UNDER that I have another custom field called Assistant's mobile. Everything easy, clear, we could set the sequence of those fields in one view.
Guess where these two fields are now in the 7.0. In completely different sections of the whole record, because you decided to keep all phone fields in one place and all the other ones in the other. So I even cannot easily, visibly associate Assistant with her mobile.
It really does not help.

And it took me only 5 minutes, and only Contacts to realize it is not going to make my work easier.
Also, there was an error when I entered Notes.

I would gladly pay twice more than we paid for your lifetime licenses if we could avoid that mess.
EPIM Pro Business Network always newest
Win 8.1 Pro 64x, C2D 2x3GHz, 16 GB RAM or Win 10 Pro, i7, 16 GB RAM.
Max
Site Admin

Re: Solved. Urgent. How can I obtain the previous EPIM before 7.0?

Post by Max »

Hello,

thank you. Absolutely agree, that, for extremely advanced user (which you are) it is easy to find many cases where new EPIM UI will be less efficient in comparison to 6.xx. No doubt in that. However, it is impossible advance with current UI trends and avoid such cases. We made sure that you can downgrade to 6.x version for this purpose.
We will still be working on 7.x interface to make it more efficient.
Maxim,
EPIM Team