Custom fields are not included in copied tasks, when emailed internally, in templates

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: Max, TerryRogers

logies
Expert

Custom fields are not included in copied tasks, when emailed internally, in templates

Post by logies »

"custom fields" make tasks quite versatile. I have four of them (EPIM 8.14). Some little problems:
1. When I copy a task or email it, custom fields are not included. I`m emailing them only internally, for the same EPIM-database.
2. Custom fields are not saved when I use "save as template" for a task.
3. EPIM crashes sometimes when changing custom fields
4. There should be no "trash" symbol in the tab "custom fields", that`s too dangerous. Removing should only be allowed in "Edit fields".
Thanks!
Michael

Max
Site Admin

Re: Custom fields are not included in copied tasks, when emailed internally, in templates

Post by Max »

Hello,
1. I just copy-pasted task with custom text field and it was carried over to a new task
2. I just saved a template from a task with custom text field and it saved
3. We need steps to reproduce the issue
4. We re-ask confirmation, so accidental deletion is really difficult

I suppose the issues with copy-pasting task and templates might be related to particular type of custom fields. We need screenshots so that we can reproduce the issue.
Maxim,
EPIM Team

logies
Expert

Re: Custom fields are not included in copied tasks, when emailed internally, in templates

Post by logies »

Copying and pasting within the same account into the same task list works for my custom field. I have a problem with tasks I "send via email". Templates don`t work for my custom field (drop down list with 12 points to choose from).
I`m in a multi-user environment. Only the admin should be able to edit custom fields. And if someone has not the right to change the custom field, the trash button should not be offered (or at least should not work, I didn`t had the time to test).

logies
Expert

Post by logies »

Max, could you reproduce? Thanks!

logies
Expert

Post by logies »

Custom fields are also not copied when tasks are copied to a new EPIM database (for backup of critical, recurrent tasks), EPIM 8.14.

Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Michael,
I have just tried to copy Task with custom field from one DB to another- and custom fields were copied.
I also tried to save and use Template with custom field dropdown- and it worked. I suppose video, demonstrating the issue would help reproduce the issue.
Maxim,
EPIM Team

logies
Expert

Post by logies »

Max, I did a film, not perfect (my screen is 1200 pixel high, the video only 1080), but you should see the problem. You can download it here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ikFdN ... BnrArb9x3q

Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Thank you, problem with custom fields is noted, we will look into this.
Maxim,
EPIM Team