March 24 Spam settings

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: Max, TerryRogers

britur1
Experienced

March 24 Spam settings

Post by britur1 »

Many of my emails are marked by "'*****Spam " at the beginning, even some of my regular emails, and does nto give a good impression to my receiver, to receive an email marked:
"Subject: *** SPAM ***Re: [LibDems in Europe News & Views - for members and supporters] Time for action is NOW!"

Some are from Facebook, othersa not. Is there any relatively easy solution?

Any tips appreciated. In this forum, I see reference made to a "spam" folder, but there is no such folder in my set up.

Max
Site Admin

Re: March 24 Spam settings

Post by Max »

Hello,

EPIM never puts "***SPAM..." into Subjects of your emails. Most likely it is done on server by your mail provider, who runs e.g. SpamAssassin or other anti-virus softeware.
Maxim,
EPIM Team

britur1
Experienced

Post by britur1 »

Thanks Max, again!

I see there is no spam box in my set up. How should I( get it?

Will get on to my web hosting company to get this sorted out.

Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello,

please read here about setting anti-spam up: https://www.essentialpim.com/help/spam_ ... htsub=spam
Maxim,
EPIM Team

britur1
Experienced

Post by britur1 »

Yes, have read that, and spoken to my web hosting company, and they have disabled "SPAM ASSASSIN", but still nearly all Facebook messages and some others get marked as spam in the subject field. So no change so far

Anyone any ideas on how to troubleshoot this annoying monster?

britur1
Experienced

Post by britur1 »

Still fighting my fight against spam, unfortunately not winning yet, but I don't give up so easily.
Spoken to my hosting company, they tell the emails me that Spam Assasin has been disabled, but still the emails come marked in the same way.

However, I Have discovered what I think are some oddities in this system.

In the main window for EPIM and Inbox folder I get 3 asterisks at the beginning of the subject line. If I invoke the "Mark as spam" command, the email is removed to the spam folder (now appeared, not there before). and the 3 asteriks remain in the subject line.
Right clicking gives me the option of marking as not spam. I do this hoping my problem will be solved.

But doing this moves the email back to the Inbox with the asterisk and SPAM.

The curious thing is that marking as spam leads to the email being put in the spam folder. Going to the spam folder I see the email marked in the same way.
Marking the email in the spam folder as not spam leads to it being moved back into the Inbox. Regrettably with asterisks and SPAM.

These commands are semi-intelligent by moving the item to the right folder, and moving back to the inbox.
If we could add a little more intelligence so that combined with the movement back, it strips away the asterisk and SSPAM.
The problem would then be solved.

That's not on the cards is it? Could be adding just a ntiny bit of code, and Eureka!

Brian in desperation!

Max
Site Admin

Post by Max »

Hello,

EPIM does not mark your emails as "SPAM", and thus it does not remove that either. It would be unwise to start editing subjects of emails automatically and potentially lose some important data from there.
Maxim,
EPIM Team