Error loop on client sleep wake

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

admin
Site Admin

Re: Error loop on client sleep wake

Post by admin »

Thanks, will investigate further.
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Here's the fixed version: www.essentialpim.com/download/temp/Esse ... roPort.zip
Please check it out and let us know. Thanks!
MetalDrop
Guru

Post by MetalDrop »

admin wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:12 am Here's the fixed version: www.essentialpim.com/download/temp/Esse ... roPort.zip
Please check it out and let us know. Thanks!
It seems to fix the error loop after a long sleep....

However it introduces a strange issue with other programs that use hotkeys.

I'm going to use TinySpell+ as my example since it's the easiest for me to show:
http://www.tinyspell.com/
[A very useful everywhere as you type spell checker which I use for everything to avoid needing custom dictionaries for a bunch of different programs.]

In any new notes created with this version when you correct a word with tinyspell+ it throws you back up to the top of the note:

[See attached video]

This only happens with this version. If I replace it with the current Normal RC2 and the behavior goes back to normal.

In the video I add a bunch of returns to get lower in the note then use the hotkey after misspelling a word.

As you can see the moment I use the hotkey which is [right shift] to bring up the list it takes me to the top of the note.

In the second part of the video I do this again with the current normal RC2 build and it works properly.

This new bug seems to effect many programs [though not all I was able to find a couple of exceptions] that uses a hotkey to bring up a 3rd party menu/window.

Programs I use that are effected by this include:
My screenshot tool
My clipboard manager
My special characters tool
My text expander
My text-to-speech reader
Attachments
Video_2019-10-09_162824.mp4
(113.02 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
EPIM Portable Pro Running/Tested On: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit US-ENG|i5-6400+Quadro P620|i7-7700K+1050ti|i7-8700K+970GTX|AMD 5600x+1080ti|16GB+RAM&NVMe SSDs
[I'm helpful and often reply to questions, however I am just a fellow user and not staff.]
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the confirmation and for the detailed description of another problem. Here's the fixed version (along with couple of other fixes and improvements): http://www.essentialpim.com/download/te ... roPort.zip. Would appreciate to hear your feedback. Thank you!
MetalDrop
Guru

Post by MetalDrop »

admin wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:28 pm Thanks for the confirmation and for the detailed description of another problem. Here's the fixed version (along with couple of other fixes and improvements): http://www.essentialpim.com/download/te ... roPort.zip. Would appreciate to hear your feedback. Thank you!

The jump to top issue is fixed in the main program.
No error loops after a couple of long sleeps.

The sticky notes are jumping to top:
[see attached video]

They also have the odd added extra effect of putting the input text from Tinyspell, textexpanders, & clipboard managers...etc at the top of the note. Which is a little different then what was happening with the main window.
Attachments
Video_2019-10-10_193627.mp4
(46.22 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
EPIM Portable Pro Running/Tested On: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit US-ENG|i5-6400+Quadro P620|i7-7700K+1050ti|i7-8700K+970GTX|AMD 5600x+1080ti|16GB+RAM&NVMe SSDs
[I'm helpful and often reply to questions, however I am just a fellow user and not staff.]
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the update! The following build should fix the problem with the stickies: www.essentialpim.com/download/temp/Esse ... roPort.zip