epim cloud failed first time out. Unsupported media type

Business edition tips, tricks, problems and discussions

Moderators: TerryRogers, Max

johncesta
Guru

epim cloud failed first time out. Unsupported media type

Post by johncesta »

Signed up and tried numerous times. Has anyone been successful with the epim cloud sync?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 23.39.03.png
John Cesta
Knights of Columbus
admin
Site Admin

Re: epim cloud failed first time out. Unsupported media type

Post by admin »

Again, a log file would help a lot. Thanks!
Android version of EssentialPIM. Keep all your data in sync!
johncesta
Guru

Post by johncesta »

I emailed you the logfiles. Thanks

If I set only the contacts to sync I receive this message fairly quickly. If I only sync all other data tasks, calender, notes I do not receive the message.
John Cesta
Knights of Columbus
johncesta
Guru

Post by johncesta »

This time I was syncing the epim cloud and received this.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 18.17.21.png
John Cesta
Knights of Columbus
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Which email address did you forward the log files to? Thanks!
a8907433
Guru

Post by a8907433 »

I renewed my EPIM Cloud, and I got the same HTTP 1.1 415 error. I tried a little, and it seems, really, the contacts are the problem. At the moment the sync is running, with all other modules....... this will last a time. I sync the first time on this account- I had to renew my account, with a new email-adress.
As far as I remember I had troubles in synchronizing contacts in the past too....
I think, in the contacts-module there could be some inconsistencies: I created my contacts in V 3.x, added fields, updated, changed again, perhaps more than once. I regulary optimize database, in EPIM V9.2 pro portable (Windows) it works well, but on syncing this seem to cause trouble...
johncesta
Guru

Post by johncesta »

I like epim and my opinion and experience with it over many many years is that if you run it on your windows machine and that's it it works great.
And if you sync tasks and calendar it works pretty much ok as well.

But anything above that it is problematic. You will spend your time sending log files etc to the admins and troubleshooting only to have this same stuff happen repeatedly.

If anyone here can tell me that they use this application and all it's features like syncing to epim cloud etc seamlessly I'd like to hear it.

Or if the admins can tell me how to eliminate my problems I woulds continue to use it. But I don't have time to troubleshoot etc.

I am debating whether to use it standalone because it is quite good.
John Cesta
Knights of Columbus
a8907433
Guru

Post by a8907433 »

Yes, EPIM on Windows (almost) runs perfect. I´m using EPIM Cloud only, because I transfer data from one Windows-EPIM (Desktop) to a second Windows-EPIM on a tablet. I´m used to transfer and backup data old-stylisch on an USB-stick. Only sometimes I use EPIM Cloud- it´s because I see it as an additional security-backup.

In my opinion, an additional version (Desktop + portable pro) + a network/synchronizing Version would be the best. Than one could use the normal, stable, reliable pro version, and on every update for the network/synchronizing Version there would be no risk of new and old bugs appearing in the normal pro version again....
Rose Ford
Guru

Post by Rose Ford »

In my experience [work in an office that uses EPIM and have quite a bit of family and friends who use it too] most people who use EPIM a lot will get databases too large to deal with the built-in syncing over time and it will cause loads of time consuming issues and irritating problems. No one I know in person who has tried syncing anything other than single things like their calendar or contacts has bothered to keep using the synchronization features after a couple months.

Every one of them who actually needed things out of EPIM on their mobile have their own different methods that they found far less painful and annoying and all the people syncing windows to windows just started storing their database in a dropbox/iCloud/GDrive/OneDrive/other 3rd party synced folder.
Mischa
Novice

Post by Mischa »

I have the same problem. Started with the new Version 9.2! Checked all my contacts for empty entries in the name fields and entries before 01.01.200 in the calendard, but there are none. Using EPIM Pro for years now.
Has there been any respond to this?
Attachments
Error-message.jpg
Thank you for reading my message!
Michael
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is the executable file form the fixed version: www.essentialpim.com/download/temp/EssentialPIMPro.zip. Download it and unpack into the EPIM's folder. Thanks!
Mischa
Novice

Post by Mischa »

Thank you so much for this quick fix!! Works great!! Great Team and great support! :D :D
Have a nice Weekend!
Thank you for reading my message!
Michael